Thread: Respect for the Dead

Post Respect for the Dead

I guess I thought about this after posting in chit chat about the mortician selling body parts of dead people.

I don't know why someone would/could do this. Is there not a universal respect for the dead?
    Having seen this sort of thing before, I wonder how it can be eliminated from happening.

Perhaps some kind of oversight should be there for funeral home directors but empty legislation is not going to solve it.

What do you think?
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

I guess I see the body as merely a vessel so is off no true importance to the owner once he has died as the vessel is then empty....this does not mean however that I'm ok with the mortician selling the body parts...far from it infact!!!!!

Although I don't believe its going to affect the deceased person (not much does effect you once your dead ) it may effect their family.....the death of a loved one is a traumatic experience and to have gone thro that only to discover that you did not infact bury your loved one but only pieces of him could stir up alot of emotion and cause great trauma/sorrow for alot of peps!

I do however agree with organ donorship - i ain't going to need them after I've died and if they could save another life thats what I would want - plus although I won't be burried whole I think that my loved ones could find some comfort in knowing that my death gave life to someone else.......once again I think I have rambled slightly so:

[nutshell]removing deceased body parts for personnal gain is immorall/evil/and many other bad words - and anyone who does so deserves to be prosectuted to the full extent of the law.....allowing your body parts to be used after your death to help others is prolly one of the greatest gifts you can give to anyone and peps who do so should be remembered and praised as I'm sure those peps they help will surely do![/nutshell]

v_Ln

Yeah I agree with the donation part, it is a good way to help those still living. Stealing parts, though, is so morbid, hard to imagine.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Respect for The Dead

Well, in America and most foreign nations today, dead people are normally seen as something that should be repected.

In other nations that don't fall into the above category, they do different things with their deceased. I know in at least one country in Africa, the locals there actually EAT their dead people, with the thought that eating their relatives will put the spirit of the relative into them... along with all of their strengths.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Christians believe that when you die, your soul leaves your body, and enters heaven (or hell).
    Athiests believe that you never had a soul in the first place, so you're merely tomorrow's fertilizer.
    All other major religions also believe that your soul leaves your body upon death, leaving an empty shell.

With all that in mind, what does it matter what happens to the body? I personally believe that dead bodies should be turned into fertilizer, as long as the family of the deceased is agreeable. It saves space that is wasted by graveyards, and is what nature intended anyway. Cremation is good too, because the end result is the same. I believe that going to efforts to protect dead bodies is a waste. Just let nature take over.

Well your right stflook from the logic point of view.
    But I can´t help feeling somewhat attached to the body of a dead friend/family member. It´s my closest connection to the deceased and a focus point for memories.
    I don´t care if it´s ashes, a coffin or that it´s just fertilizer laying there. Since I don´t go to church a grave is where I feel closer to him/her.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

ashes to ashes in any cases no matter what you choosed you'd end up in ashes...or 'worst'
    well yeah i mean grave get descrated every so often, they move cemetary, it rains and woods get eaten ... then you are all alone one more time... so ashes to ashes it is the only difference is the time to take to reach it ....
    yeap i won't mind giving all my organs once i'm dead but i don't want to be shot because i'm the only one compatible with bill...
    and that is the problem in rich(developped) countries, you get some type of protection although ive heard stories about guys waking up with one kidney... and in poor countries well they take both kidneys ... do a search on the kidds in brazil that's disgusting !
    so those huys responsible should be kept alive till their organes are needed and then be shot !
    assembly.... digital dna ?