Thread: Preloader - flash

Thumbs up Preloader - flash

A while ago I posted this in the web-development forum.....I know it ain't security related but I thought I'd pop it in here jut in case it is of any use to anyone

orignially posted here

flash preloaders are easy peasy well once you know how heres a quick run through in how to create one......

1. name the first frame of your loader scene start
    2. create a keyframe at about say frame 10 and name it loaded
    3. create another keyframe after loaded and name it wait
    4. create a final keyframe called next

ok now heres the action script for each scene

loaded
    ifFrameLoaded ("lastScene", "LastFrame") {
    gotoAndPlay ("next");
    }

wait
    ifFrameLoaded (1) {
    gotoAndPlay ("start");
    }

next
    ifFrameLoaded (1) {
    gotoAndPlay ("NextScene", 1);
    }

Ok easy so far?? the bits in bold you'll have to change to your scene/frame names
    but you don't want just a blank screen so add another layer and make a small animation to play between frames 1 & 10

I'll include a sample .fla for you to look at to save a bit of server space plz visit the original post for the .fla thanx - hope it helps
    Any more questions feel free to PM me about it and I'll do my best to help you out.....

v_Ln

sorry to say this but this is not such a good way for preloading your swf files,another thing
    you have not said a word about what these commands are and what they do(don't for get about the newboz)

sorry to say this but this is not such a good way for preloading your swf files,another thing
    you have not said a word about what these commands are and what they do(don't for get about the newboz)