Thread: Do you know more about Pagemaker 7?

Do you know more about Pagemaker 7?

I've read on a magazine a preview about Pagemaker 7. The magazine says that Adobe made this program very well. But, i can't understand if this prog make web sites or sth else. Does any1 know?

Pagemaker is a page layout program (books, ads, newsletters etc) and is not meant for web design...adobe golive is their web design software...

I played around with golive a bit but didn't like it to much...it's not very intuititive unless you are used to illustrator or other adobe progs...(even so i use PM and still didn;t like the interface...)

BTW...PM7 is a piece of crap...i've been using PM6.5 for years and love it...i got the upgrade to 7 and it is unstable, (if you can get it to run at all...it doesn't run on dells)...tech support sucks and it is almost no different from PM6.5 except for a cheesy toolbar for command that you could access from the menu in 6.5...

i'd check out dreamweaver for wysiwig site design or homesite for coding...

both can be found at www.macromedia.com
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

i didn't like golive either. personally, i think the best way to do a website though is with good ole' html coding in notepad. (and photoshop to do images) although... photoshop 6 is a little wierd. i don't know if i like the new interface
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

gaaah...all you notepad weenies ...i just don't get it... trying to make your life difficult er what...

i agree ...hand coding is the way to go... but there are lots of progs out there that make it sooo much easier...even if you only use tag hilighting...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

i have never had a problem with notepad.... i dunno
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda