Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honey Pot

Talking Honey Pot

I am going to be setting up a honey pot this week, ( just for fun ). But does any one have any intresting content ideas I can put on it?

I was thinking a DIVX movie and maby a ripped game or two,

any ideas for it?

Legacy Boy

Hi mom!
    If you want to set a honey pot, try a spam honeypot! I posted a link to a tutorial on how to set this up in this thread.

It's a great read! Try it, and tell me what you think.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Yaaa some one posted a reply!
    (sorry its been a slow day)

And I did read your artical, I liked it but I am just looking to catch some ppl that I think have been pooking my home system for some time, but I have never set one up before.

Legacy Boy
    -=Legacy Boy=-

-= You mean there is stuff better then DOS? =-

I don't think you guys understand the concept of a honetpot! Honeypots are not intended to do any harm to anyone.

The intention is not to post warez and then see who comes to get it. Not to mention it is illegal. The purpose of a honetnet is to study the methods and tactics of the blackhat community.

for more info...please visit this link:
    http://project.honeynet.org

I would highly advise not posting ripped games on your own network unless you want to spend some time behind bars.

Talking

I know its not to harm ppl and there not really warze if they are fake and just a big ass file,

But thanks for the help

Legacy Boy
    -=Legacy Boy=-

Thumbs up

I don't remeber saying I was going to harm the guy,
    I just wont a record so I can copy past it and mail it to them and tell them to stop.
    And I'll have to admit that I have no idea what i am doing but I any constructive Ideas that you might have would be helpful, and thanks for the link work is a little slow today

Legacy Boy
    -=Legacy Boy=-

www.hackbusters.net is another good reference site. Tom Liston is one scary smart dude.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Thanks alot

Legacy Boy
    -=Legacy Boy=-

Hi mom!
    iNViCTuS, I know. Visit the link I provided and see what I mean.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Originally posted here by Guus
    iNViCTuS, I know. Visit the link I provided and see what I mean.
    I know...I actually wasn't referring to your post.

And LegacyBoy, the harm I was referring to is the software developer who is losing money due to their games being given away, not the guy hacking your honeypot.

But I know you get the idea, I just wanted to help you start of on the right track