Thread: Astrology & The Occult

Lightbulb Astrology & The Occult

Greetz everyone.

I thought I'd bring up an interesting subject for this forum. I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned already. Astrology and The Occult. I'm sure most of you know what astrology is and have a general knowledge on what the Occult is.. but if you don't here's some additional information on the subject(s) for you. Included are the 12 Zodiac signs for whatever day that you were born on:

Aries - March 20 - April 19
    Taurus - April 20 - May 19
    Gemini - May 20 - June 20
    Cancer - June 21 - July 21
    Leo - July 22 - Aug. 22
    Virgo - Aug 23 - Sept. 21
    Libra - Sept. 22 - Oct. 22
    Scorpio - Oct. 23 - Nov. 21
    Sagittarius - Nov. 22 - Dec. 21
    Capricorn - Dec. 22 - Jan. 19
    Aquarius - Jan. 20 - Feb. 17
    Pisces - Feb. 18 - Mar. 19

Here's some links to a description of each of the 12 Zodiac signs:
    Aries
    Taurus
    Gemini
    Cancer
    Leo
    Virgo
    Libra
    Scorpio
    Sagittarius
    Capricorn
    Aquarius
    Pisces

Now on to the Occult. I personally don't believe in the Occult but there are many who do.In my opinion, its't all BS but some what interesting, none the less. As for horoscopes can be easily predicted. For instance: Tomorrow something will happen. Well no ****, something happens every day. Take your horoscopes with a grain of salt. No, not literally. It's a figure of speach. The Occult has been around for ages and ages. There may or may not be any truth to it but.. I would think there is to some extent, since it has been around for ages.
    Any way, it's just food for thought..

Remote_Access_

Alot of peps would diss the idea of casting spells and magik having any effect on your life but lets look at it from a more modern point of view - things we take for granted these days TV, Radio, even electric lights would have been seen as magik once upon a time but thats only because the peps hundreds of yrs ago wouldn't have understood them....what if spells etc are just something that we don't understand yet?

More and more people are coming round to the idea that we (people) do have some form of extra sensory perception....like have you ever wanted to hear from someone and suddenly they call? That kind of thing.....well what if when someone casts a spell it ain't magik that effects what happens its their own desire for it to happen? Some form of ESP that we ain't aware we have or can use? And the greater the number of people focusing their energy into the spell the better the results may be? Most people would agree that a coven can usually accomplish more than a solitary....well its just a thought

v_Ln

its just the idea of it being "magick" they dont like the unnown powers, and think that it will be used against them.. thats why they refuse to believe it. It scares them
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

I think that back in the day, wizards and magicians were intelligent scientist and great thinkers. They were just given a bad name from the 'normal' society. They would create 'spells' that were actuall just a diary or journal for them to keep track of their work..
    such as chemical reactions, herbal remedies, etc., etc.,..
    Just a theory.

Remote_Access_

I have a couple of e-books on the occult. It's some interesting reading. I thought some of you may enjoy reading them.

Here is the first one:
    The Egyrtion Book of the Dead
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Here is the second one:
    Alexandrian Book of Shadows

I have more but the file sizes are to big. I may split them and post them if anybody wants them. I'll post a list in a couple of days of what I have.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Personally, I think whatever works for you is good.
    Religion should be a very personal thing, and not enforced. If you achieve results through prayer or 'casting a spell', then more power to you.

BTW, Occult is based off the latin word Occulta, meaning Hidden from view.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

dude i never thaught that yahoo would be stupid to the point of listing the films/books/chocolat... that you are supposed to like
    if this is not bs then i'm the great priest of the atlants and i'm back to conquer the world ....
    assembly.... digital dna ?

I don't really believe in the occult, or ESP It's mostly psychological effects, your brain seeing what it wants to see, coincidence...etc. But then again, there are a few things that I can't explain, which is definately a good thing. The world wouldn't be too good without a little bit of mystery...
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.