Thread: lots of money to be made

lots of money to be made

read this

anybody up for the challenge?
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

``Our encryption system is uncrackable,''
    Didn't Oracle say that too?

Computer security researchers in Britain Wednesday released information on a handful of vulnerabilities in software from Oracle Corp. - an event that might have received a lot less attention if the database giant's current advertising campaign didn't describe its products as "unbreakable."
    Nothing is "unbreakable" or "uncrackable", if someboby wants something bad enough, they will find a way to get it.

DjM

sorry gave up on number theory couple month ago, but the stuff about embedded systems (if they really did it) would proove to be more of a dificulties...
    also i do think that it will be cracked it jsut depands on how bad "some dudes" decide they want it ... and a matter of time
    assembly.... digital dna ?

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    They are giving away 999 out of 1000 numbers. That may sound like a lot, but in this day and age, that really isn't crap. I have seen numbers that would appear completely random, but they are just repeating numbers at 2048 digits. Its like 123123123, where 123 is repeated, but instead of 123, you have 2048 digits in the series.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Ok, so I got intrested in what the hell this was all about. I decided to check out the one page fax cover sheet describing "Hydra" the "Invulnerable Internet Server." There were a few things that were pretty..ummmm...intersting...

It starts of "HYDRA is a .....server built without an operating system..." Ok, no OS, so how does it run??? Obviously they must have written their own OS then, but do you really wanna run something bassed on a propritary OS?

"Engineereed using '6th Sigma' quality standards." Um, didn't we learn from the Pentium 4 that you are supposed to let engineers set the standards, not the managers and marketing divison?

FTP..."uses a special double-login process" Ok, so it is a pain in the ass to use also?

There were other interesing things on the sheet also. Just click the downloads section from www.bodacion.com
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I seriously doubt it is uncrackable. They're just making a new algorithm, but it's just that, an algorithm! All this "Chaos theory" stuff is pretty hype-based, because Chaos theory (as I understand it) basically implies that chaos and complex order are the same thing.

In other words, even if they could create 100% random data ('random' depends on your interpretation...) there will still be patterns. Such as a bell-curve distribution, or similar patterns. I read once that some guy had found something interesting...

Take a pile of random multidigit numbers. Count how many times each one appears. (Histogram). Now, the values for the frequency of occurances follow an unusual pattern, values which start with the digit 1 comprise about 20-30% of them, and that percentage lessens as one considers the digits up till 9. If I find an article on it, I'll post it...

But basically, I think it's mostly hype and marketing.

EDIT

Here it is! I found it just after I posted.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Thumbs up

No prob man I hacked that puppy yesterday
    on my lunch hour with my 286 (it's got a TURBO).
    Gotta admit, it had me stumped at first, till
    I got the rite algorithm on my eight inch
    floppy drive.
    It wasn't as hard as the time I cracked the
    PENTAGON and almost nuked Belgium, he he

If you don't believe me, meet me on AOL, I'll
    crack your box...

If you wanna know how I learned to talk
    so tough, it was the time I hadda do
    time in LEAVENWORTH causa some dude
    talkit **** to my girlfriend in the 7-11
    I'm a peaceful dood but don't talk to
    MY woman...
    I am one bad hacka cracka, he he
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.