Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Global Ban on Human Cloning

WTF we're trying to do ? What will the future look like ? Parents order their children in a catalogue ? Oh yeah......we'll take a baby with blue eyes, blond hair and we want him to be a great musician, scientist and a perfect soldier?

WTF we're trying to do ? Breeding the MASTER RACE ?

I think cloning should be forbidden for all times...
    Love your country, but
    never trust its government. -- Robert A. Heinlein

Thumbs up

I can already hear all the wannabe frankensteins
    out there whining that we're trying to take away
    their right to do their research.
    When are they going to understand that they
    don't have any right to experiment on other
    people..against their will.

A cloned human would be a human person.
    When would the "scientists" leave him
    to live his own life?

It isn't just the cloned person who would
    lose his rights here, but all of us.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

No it does not. Those weapons of mass destruction have been a safe gaurd to the us for years. Imagine, if we had not had nuclear missles during the cold war, Russia would had fired their nukes upon us, knowing that we did not have any offensive large enough to strike back. Fully automatic weapons have helped us keep peace in 3rd world nations. "Let's go TALK to osama and see if he was sorry, we don't need "bad" guns. I bet he is sorry for what he did." And even back into WWII we STOPPED it with two atomic bombs dropping on Japan. Now how else could he have stopped the war in a matter of days? So, techonology is NEVER bad.
    I wouldn't call it 'safe' It was a cold WAR. People lived in fear everyday...had the americans not developped the technology in the first place, Russia would not have built on it.

Technology can easily be bad...once you build something that becomes out of your control, than it becomes bad. As a programmer...I've made programs that compiled for reasons I couldn't understand...and some wouldn't compile though the code was perfect. It's always that way with technology...the desire to build has superceded the desire to learn, and sometimes we build too quickly to fully understand what we're doing
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

haraam77

Cool Ok damn it!!

There should never be a "ban" on human cloning. I do think there should be strict regulations though. Using stem cells, scientists can "grow" new organs for an individual without having to worry about rejection...in the case of organ transplant. The research should and WILL go on...even if people have to do the research underground. Biometrics, stem cell researchers, are the pioneers of the new age. There are some people here at AO that I really don't like, and am sure the feelings are mutual, yet I would not wish ill upon anyone. I think a man should die in battle or in bed with his wife. Anyway, I too disagree about to what extent the research should be done. To grow organs for an individual who needs a transplant.....maybe a child who was born with a defective heart....then hell yes!!...go for it. But, I do not agree tha cloning should be carried out to the extent that we are playing god and "creating" life in it's rawest form. Cloning and stem cell research go hand in hand and need strict regulations....but not an all out ban. Maybe I am wrong....maybe we should go ahead and clone total human beings.....but not yet. I don't think our society as a whole is ready to face such issues. Until mankind has found it's similarities and common ground between each other....there will be no peace . The descision to create(clone)another human being is one of humanity and not just an individual government. Thank you..Haraam77....

Post dolly

Originally posted here by Remote_Access_
    It is to some extent but all in all I think it's a good thing. Having the technology is more frightening than actualy using it. What would happen if that ttechnology leaked out or was stolen by a spy of some sort. Think about what would happen then. All forms of technology have the potential to be abused. It's not just the religious implication that bothers me, it's the threat of it being abused.

Remote_Access_
    I actually read a transcript of a conference with the guy that cloned the sheep "Dolly"...when asked if he would ever clone a human if the technology ensured suceess...he simply replied, "Why?"

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

I think this is extremely wrong. This technology is a very big step in the right direction. We don't need to clone a complete human being we just need to clone organs. We could cultivate the healthiest organs to help people. Not to mention the possiblilities for cures. Cultivation among other things could be perfected. The possablilities are endless.
    Fight the Power!

Nevermind this resonse I guess. Edited off thread.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

well think of it this way.. what if they make 5 clones of adolf hittler and 10 clones of osama bin laden??? wouldnt that be scary???

AntiOnline Jr. Member
    cloning can have its benefits we would no longer need an endangered spiecies list
    we could clone livestock, clone prize winning animals.
    but i believe the risks could far outweigh the benefits
    we really do not know the side effects .
    nor do we know the reproduction drawbacks
    what if u had a genetically enhanced human who got out and had intercourse
    or any other means of mating and the pffspring were a hazard for the gene pool.
    we have enough of that crap today with the abuse of drugs
    many scholars , great thinkers, and philosephers have said the downfall of man will be the cause of man
    they have said it that way or another and i believe they are on to something.
    also we will be looked at as more of a resourse than before.
    cloning could be bad.

Originally posted here by bquine
    Eating_Scarlett wtf? I'm going to clone myself and then attempt to breed with it?
    Listen to yourself, those aren't the major problems to consider.

The frightening thing would be what will come of cloning humans. Will a clone have equal rights as a seperate individual or will it have to take a license out on it's genes? Could corporations farm clones and use them for whatever purpose?

darling, I wasn't talking about YOU breeding with a clone of yourself. What kind of sicko are you? I'm talking clones breeding among clones.

*burps*