Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Define Hacker. . .

a hacker is someone who learns a system (any system), well enough, too make if work FOR him/her.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    A hacker is someone who knows more about a system then you do. Just like a newbie is someone who knows less. A hacker is a lot like a mentor. They have the ability to use a system better then you, and help you if they so chose. No one person can claim themself a hacker, because there is always someone who knows more about a particular system. Just like no one should claim themself a newbie, because there is always someone who knows less.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

a hacker is whater you wish to define it as.. there realyl isent one definition that can cover every single idea we have about them
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

These are some very nice ideas,
    I really like all these definitions of a hacker.
    Keep the ideas rolling, I am enjoying them so far.
    \"To follow the path:
    look to the master,
    follow the master,
    walk with the master,
    see through the master,
    become the master.\"
    -Unknown

One link:

http://software-depot.com/hack.html

The Hackers Manifesto>>>>> one good start to finding out what a true hacker is.

What is a hacker defined by you. And what makes a hacker a hack
    And what makes a hacker a hacker.

The meaning of 'hacker' has been distorted by the media and
    by hollywood. The media associates anything to do with
    'hacking' as evil or coordinated criminal acts like denial of service attacks
    or defacing webpages or the image of a hacker is of a 16 year old maliciously
    scanning the web with subseven

This is my defintion of what a Hacker :

1) A Hacker is someone who has a real love of technology Computers, Programming, Linux and Unix
    perhaps started young with computers Apple II, Radioshack Coco, Amiga, Vic-20 or Commdore 64
    or both (I started on a Vic-20 by the way) or belonged to user groups at school or a local area
    group and got there start with the help of a mentor who furthered there skills or they learned on
    there own (self taught)................

2) A Hacker likes ripping apart source code of programs to find out how they work
    then improves software or programs so there cooler or better then shares it with other people
    or helps find fixes for bugs in programs.

3) A Hacker is someone who is curious he/she has a determined tenacity to keep looking for
    technological solutions to problems that stump other people who give up too easily.

4) A Hacker never invades someone else's space or destroys other peoples data and
    there system for malicious intent and knows where to draw the line between
    curiosity and breaking the law a true hacker never use his skill to harm others.

Ok there are many definitions of a hacker and I agree with you all but chawleyx87d and anyone else who thinks this. Why does it always have to be a teenager that is using subseven. Do you think us teens are that damn stupid or have nothing better to do? I'm sorry I just had to get that off my chest because some of you people have a very biased opionion toward teenagers. BTW I'm 16.