Thread: A new SUN/Linux product

Post A new SUN/Linux product

You can see the platform of this product at this link:

http://www.sun.com/hardware/serverappliances/qube3/

Our firm has rolled out a new product based on these sun cobalt cubes. I was at an exec demonstration and it is quite slick. We offer a turn key product with a simple gui to manage sites.

The os is sun/lx and apparently the units are moving well. Spoke with the design mgr of the program and the new version will be on redhat (hardened) exclusively. First time I have really seen a product offering from sun that pushes the linux in our company.

I can't yet disclose the details since it has not yet been prepped by the legal/mktg people but these little cubies offer great promise.

I guess sun is serious about linux at last, at least at the lower end of their hardware lineup.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Wow, for the price of the cheapest qube there, any of us here could probably afford it with some penny pinching.

It's nice to see Sun realise that they can compete in the low-end server market by embracing linux. It makes me wonder how long it's been in the works over at Sun.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

my previous post died again.

Anyway, apparently sun has plans for offered a coopetition with linux rh and its own solaris on most of the affordable servers. We should see more coming out soon.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.