Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some DOS links!

how true Ennis.... <sits down in rocking chair on porch at technology nursing home> i remember the days when we had to work to get stuff done none of that fancy pants windows stuff... <removes pipe from left pocket places in mouth, lights it and begins to smoke> now a days it would be hard to find a kid who can even knows what a batch file is, let alone can write one. all these kids with their pentium whatcha-ma-jigs... <begins to wittle> i remember the commodore... had to start that baby with a crank.... now that was some honest work.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

I remember learning dos commands before learning to speak english... what a weird but lovely childhood I had
    I also remember how excelent I thought it was when I learned to use the ATTRIB command, it was like: "WOW! now I can copy everything, subdirs and all... that's cooooooooooooool!"
    If only life would have remained that simple....
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

good times....its like walking into the home you grew up in......doesn't matter how old, how beaten down it is, the memories make it a dream home
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Thanks Ennis, good post.

You can never learn enough about dos. There are a few people in my class who plan on being network admins but refuse to learn dos. I've given up trying to convince them how important dos is. Like rcgreen said "Those who are ignorant of DOS are doomed".
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Ahhh... the dos.... I remember runnin my 386 with the dos 3.0... those definetly were the days... I remember gettin a hold of a copy of win 3.11 and only usin it for the sol.exe... I almost cried when I finnally went to 98se.. never used 95.. I was happy with my dos 6 and yes I still use dos to this day. but it will never be the *true* dos of old. sigh....

ah yes dos and then i found norton commander now that was heaven saved my bacon a few times ha ha
    Never miss a good opportunity to shut up.....