Thread: "encrypting files password recovery"

Question "encrypting files password recovery"

hello hacker fraternity

well freinds i have a query,,

i use a encryptor to encrypt my files & folders on windows ME OS. the sofwware is called as cryptalite,, now recently i have forgot the password i used to encrypt my files,,& 'm stuck up completely,,, plzz tell any method by which i can recover my password,, orin general where do these decryptors generally store their passwords on the computer,, so that i can recovr my password, or if that doesn't work then what should be done so that the encrypted file doesn't ask for any password to open it,will bruteforce password cracker or dictionary based cracker will work fine?

any help will be greatly welcomed,,
    thanku

hackmania
    vpandiya

hello hacker fraternity
    ummmm ok

and theres me thinking all this time that this was a security website

v_Ln

never heard of it. searched google for something on it....they didn't like my spelling and gave no alts. If you bought it from somewhere, try emailing them. they should have a password recovery method.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I'v got no idea........If the Cipher is COmmon, then Brute-Force could be used....

PS: and Valhalla said (Sort of) this is not a hackers website, just a kind word of warning, don't ask us how to hack.... MOst ppl won't like it....

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

Excuse me from being a little bit suspicious, but umm...I just don't get it how you can forget a password. OK, maybe sometimes you might, but in this case, your encrypting your files, your data - that's a big thing (it's not some site you may have subscribed for months ago and forgot about). You think you'd choose a password that you'd remember and made sure of it (note it down maybe).

Cracking this software? I have no idea, haven't heard of it either so I cannot help you there - but I'm sure you'll find google.com will be your best buddy.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

I'll be honest, I've came across this problem many times.

First I recommend: Use the same password often, true this is less secure because if someone gets the password to one...they have it to all

Second:Use simpler passwords. Do you have any idea how many passwords I have that are "111111" or "i90i90", I mean true they are simple....but if someone can crack that password, they'll also be able to crack "47854T569fds6"...keep em simple enough AND YOU WON'T FORGET!!!

third:The only reason I think you deserve antipoints, is because I find your question annoying...not offensive in any way...just annoying. Tedob1 brought a great point, NetSyn made a great thread that I recommend you try out, and it's titled something like tutorial for newbies. Follow this, try figuring it out for yourself before asking........that's how you learn.

I don't mind you calling us hacker fraternity, because hacking is an art which most of us enjoy...however in the cleaner view of hacking (please don't misinterpret this). But don't call us YOUR hacker fraternity if you don't even know how to go and do a simple search
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

also, are you sure it's called cryptalite????
    searched for it and found nothing
    searched for cryptOlite...and found some encryption software, but it was written in perl and compiles under *nix......where did you get it?
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

never mind...found it

Go to this website, and contact the admin...since he wrote the program, he can most likely tell you how to fix it.
    DrDob

Also, I would recommend using better programs than unknown ones written by some guy in his spare time. I mean if you want those kinds of programs....PM Lovable, he'll be happy to help you