Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet Another AntiPoint Thread - but please read

Yet Another AntiPoint Thread - but please read

AntiPoints are made to separate good users from bad users (or something like that), right? Now, would be useful to use them to separate good threads from bad ones, so would you JP please add the status of antipoints given to the thread's first message at the index page of the forum, so one could know whether they should check a thread with some stupid topic like "Rrrraaaauuuugggghhhh!!!!!" or "Help!!!".

-ZeroOne

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    What are antipoints?
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Dr Toker, you've been here long enough that you should know....

haha da da da....
    this has now become the absolute low to start a thread on now, I would say this is even worse than the "world's longest thread"

---just let the subject die, and hope/pray that JP will change it...otherwise, who cares anymore
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

So true, So true.......
    Would be nice if it was changed... but we'll just have 2 C
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

AntiPoints are made to separate good users from bad users
    u mean ... are AntiPoints made to separate good users from bad users ?
    i don't think so ... some ppl. abuse it Since they can Unmentioned their names !?

JP,... i know we've been this sub. allot ....
    but we didn't came up with an ideal solution .

but i think that most of members r pissed off from the anti point system ... on another way ... not satisfied with it ..... " been abused "

thread antipoints is a gr8 idea, so the idea of tracking the points ....
    we don't take it prsonal, but i have to know who gave me + or - Points , so we'll be able to comunicate , argu , discuss ... what ever u call it ... or we might flame each others by PMs...

i had lots of neg. points but with names ... and i did contact the member via PM and discuss it with him ... see , nothing go wrong...

flaming in public is a different issue .... and i think u can take care of this too.
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Gbin@ryR
    I think that some guys come here only to do fun with antipoints and don't want to learn some things about computers and generally for technology. Don't give so much attention to the antipoint system.

thread antipoints is a gr8 idea, so the idea of tracking the points ....we don't take it prsonal, but i have to know who gave me + or - Points , so we'll be able to comunicate , argu , discuss ... what ever u call it ... or we might flame each others by PMs...
    here is my problem with that idea. you are mature. you are not oging to be a little baby and cry, and if someone gives you undeserved points for having a "lame nick" or some ****, you aren't going to have a red point war or public flame war. but many people here are not that mature. they do take it personally and they fight like hell. this is why it is anonymous. this subject has been brought up a million times, and as i have said hundred of times... get over it. the system works for the most part. according to JP's definition, it isn't even being abused. and even if it is, JP will deal with it. the topic has been beaten to death. let it die, at least for a few months. the influx of newer users always brings up this issue, because they don't realize that it isn't a big deal. the system usually rights it self. and if you post good, the few negatives you get aren't going to make much effect.

Beyond all this though, ANTIPOINTS DO NOT MATTER AT THIS CURRENT TIME. It is to let you know what people think of your post. It is not a gauge of a good and bad users or good and bad threads. Haveing lots of reds isn't going to limit your ability to even use the site. The only thing that could possibly be changed is that comments become required so that people know why the thread got red.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    they do take it personally and they fight like hell.
    If people didn't take it personally, they wouldn't always be so upset about the antipoint system.

The only thing that could possibly be changed is that comments become required so that people know why the thread got red.
    Then you will get all comments like "bia**h" and "F**k you".

I got a different suggestion. In IRC, you can put a ban on someone for a limited time (ie a 5 minute ban for flooding the channel). I think that any person who starts a thread that is complaing about the current antipoint system should be givin a 1 week ban from posting. Now if it is a new idea that hasn't been beaten to death, like the antipoint tracking system (which is a site suggestion, not an antipoint suggestion) that is ok, but anyone who starts a thread complaing about the way the system works.....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I like your thinking souleman....it's like receiving stupid forwarded messages in your e-mail.
    let's put a stop to these posts once and for all, it's AO SPAM!!!!
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Then you will get all comments like "bia**h" and "F**k you".
    but that is better then nothing at all.

I think that any person who starts a thread that is complaing about the current antipoint system should be givin a 1 week ban from posting.
    i agree...