Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another freak N64 death????

Another freak N64 death????

Get this:
    http://www.vnunet.com/News/1129569

Now where do I start? They should ask the mother if he RTFM.....It states clearly that it's a good idea to take a break after 30 minutes if you are inclined to get seizures or if you experience dizziness........hmmmmm

Can you say survival of the fittest? Can you say the gene pool just got a lil' chlorine?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

All I can say was, that guy ws an idiot, plain and simple..... He didn't deserve to die, but at the very least, he should have stopped........ and the mother suing Nitendo for something they are complety covered..... THE GUY WAS 30!

Nice post....
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

i cant believe she thinks she should be able to sue for that. it is a sad story, no question, and of course she should be upset, but suing for future loses? wtf is she thinking? it was his own fualt, plain and simple. he knew he had a condition. he played like a fiend anyways. did he take breaks? did he take medication? come on now.

And she's suing for lost income that a person who spends over 40 hours a week in front of a TV would make? Umm. okay. Nintendo should settle out of court for $.50. Which is probably generous.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

It's like suing places when you spill your coffee on yourself.... Responsibility should usually stay with the subject of the activity. Besides those games give you a headache after a while anyway.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

looks like another one for The Darwin Awards

remeinds me of a story heard last week...someone was trying to get OSHA to ban dual shock ps2 controllers...cause the vibrations caused numbness ...after 7-8 hours continuous play...well DUH...

btw...the 2001 Darwin awards are just out...go see em...hehe...too damn funny

(11 October 2001, Tennessee) Eight freshman college students were hanging around a vacant library late one night, when they decided it would be a thrill to leap into a small opening they thought was a laundry chute.
    Perhaps a few more years of college would have helped them realize that libraries don’t often have laundry chutes. It was actually a garbage chute feeding directly into an automatic trash compactor. 19-year-old Wesley was the first to jump, and he enjoyed an exhilarating three-story slide before being crushed to death in the rubbish bin below.
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

8 hours of continuous play and you get numbness in the hands? I'm gonna have to call in sick tomorrow to test that out......hehehehehe
    - Samuel Johnson

just when you thought peps couldn't get any dumber >_<; hehehe only in America

good post thanx KorpDeath

v_Ln

It does sound sort of rediculous. First, what future earnings? He was playing it for three years, 48 hours a week... Secondly,there was a warning, he misused it.

It's sort of like suing the manufacturer of a boat. The say "If you can't swim, don't use the boat". The person does, the person falls out, and the person drowns, and then the boat manufacturer is sued for lost future potential to walk long distances on terra firma.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

americans are so litigous...(and some of that is seeping up north unfortunately)...there's a competition every year - can't remember the name but basically it involves what companies have had to do to protect themselves from frivolous lawsuits...

the one i remember was this...

a maker of a baby stroller put a big yellow and black warning sign on it that read...

Please Remove Child Before Folding Stroller.

i kid you not...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson