Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ~*~*Carnivore More Powerful*~*~

It's starting to scare me, what we might have to do to maintain our privacy. Remember how I once said that I felt it would be up to hackers to save the world at some point? If this program ever comes into existance, this might be it...

SSJVegeta-Sei

Pierce me with steel, rend me with claw and fang; as I die, a legend is born for another generation to follow.
    An\' it harm none, do as ye will. - Wiccan Rede

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    If this program ever comes into existance...
    What does this look like to you? http://www.epic.org/privacy/carnivore/deployments.html
    This doesn't even include Echelon, which is just as bad in a different way.

Want something else interesting, check out http://www.epic.org/privacy/carnivor...eproposal.html This is a part of carnivore, I believe. It talks about being able to tap ____and____. We can assume one is modems, but the other? Fax? Voice? Cable? Who knows. There is a LOT of stuff blacked out if the FOIA files.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

seriously scary stuff if its not bad enough living in the uk where we have like cctv EVERYWHERE now what I do on the computer is going to be completely monitored as well >_<;

oh and drone to switch off your computer go to run and type command formatt c:\ then hit Y

v_Ln

Originally posted here by mmoehring
    its amazing the stuff governments will do in the name of national security
    just goes to show that we need to encrypt more and more!
    IMO, encryption will only hinder the FBI's efforts. If this new & improved version of Carnivore can capture all incoming/outgoing packets, even if encrypted, I think they have a method of cracking any encryption scheme if they want the info bad enough. It may take them awhile to deciper it, but they'll get it eventually. I'm not disagreeing with encrypting your data, just throwing this out as food for thought......
    \"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I\'m not sure about the former.\" -- Albert Einstein

Excellent thread RogueSpy. It's bad enough they read your e-mail, monitor everything you do while your online, and now this make's you think whats gonna be next? It's pretty scary if you ask me!

let's do a resume of the situation:
    it's 2 pm you get a cell phone call....intercepted by echelon
    you're at work get a reg phone call/fax monitored by fbi (don't know the name of this prog)
    you are using email/web/chat/voip/any ip traffic ... carnivore
    you are playing paintballs and using grandpa's old walktalkies .... echelon

you take a dump in the toilets you might be alone if there are no bank/convenience shop/public libraries/ any institution that have cameras in the outside/ and if there are no cameras where you are at.... not that you have asked and been told no but that you have acrually checked... if it's there and not in plain view they won't tell you....

i'm sorry there is no more privacy....

by the way the spying tech has made tremendous progress with fiber optics and it it possible to have 1 fiber used as a camera.... that one you'll never find....

look behind you there smiling at you ....
    assembly.... digital dna ?

A camera one fiber wide >_<; how long till we have cameras like in Richter 10!?!? As small as dust particles released into the air currents to settle on unsuspecting peps.....

looks like big brother and everyone else is watching you

v_Ln

Pretty interesting and scary at the same time, but I guess this will only be the tip of an iceberg. New instruments for scanning and monitoring will come all the time and also the counterparts aswell.

Maybe someone has to invent a A(nti)F(BI)-Scanner to be sold with existing AV products .

well if you look at what is going on in downtown tampa, fl you'd see that the future is not that far ....

bye the way how about this site ? i mean how does it uses the cookies in order to rmemebr which last post we last read ? is JP gettting some dark stats about who read whats and what not ? or what about hte loging ?
    assembly.... digital dna ?

Originally posted here by Noia
    <Scared>
    This is really stupid, not only are the readin e-mails, now theyr reading every thing.....
    Hey, did you know that you screen emits signals that can be picked up an decoded, inotherwords, Wireless remote viewing, I'll get back to you on than tough.....

Nice post.... Crapy program......

</Scary>
    True. electromagnetic radiation from a standard CRT monitor can mean that the screen can be "seen" from across the other side of a road, this has been know for a long time, but when it was released, the FBI and CIA basically got VERY worried and classified the paper, it hasnt been unclasssified, yet.
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.