Thread: Problem with sshd

Problem with sshd

I recently installed ssh.3.x.yada.yada-something on my debian-box and everything works fine except for one thing.

When I ssh to this box I get a logon screen. No matter how I authenticate I get "Access Denied". I guess there is something in some config-file causeing this but I can't figure it out and the man pages on sshd doesn't make me any smarter.

THanks,
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Did you kill the all of the older ssh stuff?

Computer Forensics
    its possible that the old stuff wasn't removed and is still running.
    Other possibilities could be PAM limits . come into IRC and we'll get it figured out.
    Antionline in a nutshell
    \"You\'re putting the fate of the world in the hands of a bunch of idiots I wouldn\'t trust with a potato gun\"

Trust your Technolust

Lightbulb

Hi
    First you'd better start the sshd daemon whith -d flag so you can see the debug info output on the terminal - this will show where exactly your problem is. But if you are talking about latest openssh version I suspect that the problem is in the key-interactive failiure so for me the descision of the problem was configure with --with-md5-passwods.
    Cheers!