Thread: AO messeger...?

AO messeger...?

With all the different chat platforms out there, why isn't there one for AO?
    that would be really cool.....

for example, it could have all your buddy's on it, and a lide list, where you could monitor the posts, for updats, without having to refresh them...
    And an AO point monitor, where you would be noticed if you had gotten antipoints.
    also there could be a monior for Privat messages.... directly to your desktop....

Just a suggestion.... would b cool though...

- Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

There is an IRC channel for AO. AO has a pop up option for PMs.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

i think he's talking about a more stand-alone app. Sort of like MSN or Yahoo. I think it would be a good idea.

I know that, I was just thinking that it could be intergrated, so you wouldn't have to spend sutch Enormus amount of time at www.Antionline.com (might free up some band'z) and you wouldn't have to keep refreshing to get the latest posts....

- noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

So put this in the site suggestion forum.....DOH!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

<me>
    Feels Dumb
    </me>

a nice idea yes, but i think jp has better things to do and has his hands full with the site, forums, and chat server that already exist! perhaps someone else out there would want to script one up, but you also have to keep in mind that most stand alone instant messaging software are insecure and buggy. and like you said, with all of the current im programs out there, why contribute to the chaos? nothing beats good old irc.

I tihnk IRC is good enoguh for the moment, although I suppose it might be nice to have a messenger type service...might be difficult/expensive to set up though.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Guys, if someone here can write up an Instant Messaging program, more power to you, and I'd love to see it. But so far, I've not seen one, and I'm not too terribly sure that I will.

Good idea tho.

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

hmm...here's what i'm thinking (yes, i'm thinking :P).....here we have a ton of security and programming professionals, and a project idea that has been considered insecure in the past. Why don't we actually do it....to see if we can get it right where others have failed....just a thought...