Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: most newbeist question ever?

Talking most newbeist question ever?

Some guy that is arrogant told my hole class that he is going to learn java and I asked him why, he said "so i can java hack" He has been made fun of ever since.

this is a question how???
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

metaphoric

its a metaphoric question of seeing if there is such thing as java hacking

You can hack in java..........

Hacking is, after all, just pushing technology to it's limits...........there's nothing wrong with saying that he wanted to hack in java.

Unless, of course, he was talking about cracking into someone's system using java--in which case, he's either extremely smart, and knows about some very arcane hole in the java vm, or very stupid, and deserves to be laughed at. Java interpreters are specifically designed not to allow java code to be used to crack into systems, after all.
    Got Root?

This user powered by Linux.

I believe, though, that you mean a 'rhetorical' question.
    Got Root?

i see

I did not know u could hack in to something useing java. I have learned but that guys is extremly stupid so i doubt that he knew of a hole. but is there holes in the vm that can be xploited? Not to be lame, just wondering.

ok..I get it.

if you want java to try and hack...I guess it's possible. it's a programming language after all. I personally use Perl for scripting, and have thought about using C,
    but havn't considered Java, in fact I don't like writing in java much...the platform independancy makes it slower than I would like
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

i did mean that

i just put metohpric cuz I couldn't think of the word for it, but thanks for the corection

yeah

I have just started to learn lauages I have always wanted to learn peral but I hear that not that many people use it, is that true? I mostly use c, I don't care for java for programing either becouse of the slowness but also I would only make a app for me so why would I care if it could run on a mac?

Ok......let's clear things up here.

Number one: breaking into systems is cracking, not hacking.

Number two: the most hostile thing you can do with java, because the vm (virtual machine--what it runs on) will not allow local disk/resource access to applets, is run the system out of memory. Java cannot, unless there is some very arcane bug in the virtual machine, be used to break into someone's system.

Sorry to burst your bubble, guys..........
    Got Root?