Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Catholic church fiasco

Exclamation Catholic church fiasco

So if you're like me you don't mind pedophiles being turned in and/or beaten to within an inch of their lives. Turns out some people in the Catholic church don't mind pedophiles, wonder, wonder.
    see the article:
    http://apnews1.iwon.com/article/20020305/D7I2DGRG0.html

Seems to me that they have done so little for so long, (1000 years) that a little over reaction is well within order. Methinks. How about you?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I'm with you on the punishment side. Pedos are reprehensible.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

In today's day and age I wonder what would compel a young man to join an organization that forbids marriage and requires celibacy. It seems that this type of org might be attractive to individuals who with pedophilic tendencies. I think the church should consider allow there ordained members (priests/nuns) to marry. This would open the organization up to an entirely different mindset. I understand that celibacy is considered a sacrifice for the Catholic God but I'm sure priests could make other scarifies (i.e. living closer to poverty).

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke

I think pedophiles certainly ought to be punished. And the Church certainly shouldn't protect criminals just because they are priests or ministers. But I think the people in the article were saying, "Hey, let's not jump to conclusions just because an accusation has been made." Haven't all of us been wrongfully accused at one time or another? Our justice system operates on the principle of guilty until proven innocent. No doubt many of these accusations are true. But all the evidence needs to come out before a guilty verdict is given. Do you remember Richard Jewel, the guy they thought bombed the Atlanta Olympics? He was innocent, but he sure looked guilty for a while.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Understood but these people haven't been accused once. We are talking multiple instances and complaints, then the church would solve the problem by moving the pedophile around (my question to the church is " What do you guys think this is, a buffet?") and yet the accusations follow them. Seems to me that the safety of children should come before some pedophile's rights, ya know?
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Yeah you're right KorpDeath. If someone is accused multiple times by multiple people, somebody should start saying, "Hmmmmmm? Let 's do something about this." And I agree, moving an abuser from one place to another is just asking for trouble.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Thumbs up

Most other churches prefer married clergy.
    Abolish celibacy and the problem would go
    away.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Angry my opinion

I think a known pedophile should be taken out to a remote spot where nobody can hear his screams. Then strip him naked and make him stand next to a thick tree stump about waist high.......then nail his dick to the tree stump. After that, pour gasoline all over his dick and the stump. Then, hand him a knife and light him on fire. He will have to choose then whether to have his dick burned off or if he wants to cut it off himself. :

Re: my opinion

Originally posted here by ajnabee_janoon
    I think a known pedophile should be taken out to a remote spot where nobody can hear his screams. Then strip him naked and make him stand next to a thick tree stump about waist high.......then nail his dick to the tree stump. After that, pour gasoline all over his dick and the stump. Then, hand him a knife and light him on fire. He will have to choose then whether to have his dick burned off or if he wants to cut it off himself. :
    How barbaric, I believe they only did that during the Taleban regime in Afghanistan.

Its not only tthe catholic church who seems to be protecting paedephiles - in the uk many are reloacted after serving their jail sentance and given new names - papers are not allowed to divulge the location or the names of these convicted paedophiles as it may cause them to be harrassed/assaulted - well I say go for it!!! A jail term is not enough they deserve to be shunned from regular society and should never be allowed to return to it wether under a new name/identity or not!! I know if I had kids I would want to know if there was a paedophile living in my area!

v_Ln