5 38.46%
  • Anything but Linux

0 0%
  • Anything but BSD

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Keeps You Awake?

What Keeps You Awake?

It is a common stereotype that hackers drink coffee after coffee, or pop caffeine pills like candy to stay awake and alert. So let's find out if it's true!

Me, I prefer stacker 2's.... I type like a mad man and dish out quite a few web projects in a short amount of time. Not to mention it helps shed a few pounds that I gain from sitting in this office all day!
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

i just sleep all day on saturday and sleep wednesday nights...dont sleep the rest of the week
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

hehe...need no drugs to keep me awake...i support a m$ based network...that keeps me awake plenty...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

To shed pounds I'd rather not destroy my kidneys and liver. I mean, I've got allot of alcohol to drink, so I don't want put anymore stress on those vital organs. As for coffee, I only drink a 8oz. cup a day. So what motivates me to sit in front of the comp..........thirst for knowledge.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned
    The smell of toothpaste will keep ya awake, hold on Im adding that to the poll.

After a couple hours of doing code I start getting a little sleepy. Coffee doesn't cut it anymore for me. Redbull wore off after a few weeks. But the stackers wake me right up and I usually end up being about two times more productive because of the hyperness I get. Not to mention I end up posting a lot more to AO.
    An Ounce of Prevention is Worth a Pound of Cure...

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I drink a crap load of Coffee. Also X-drink (available at thinkgeek.com) That isn't what keeps me awake though. I can drink mass amounts of caffene, and still fall asleep right away. Its the computers that wake me up themselves. That the the little electrical plug comming out of my right leg....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

AntiOnline Senior Member
    I sleep.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Thumbs up

Drugs and beer
    \"SI JE PUIS\"

I don't particularly care for coffee, so go for the energy drinks instead...RedBull does infact give you wings if you slam enough of them fast enough...LOL.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.