Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: somthin' 'bout the universe & how it's all conected

SM...as someone who's variously made a living as a visual artist and a musician, i just have to say get used to it...there's always people like oblio...who criticize...even make personal attacks because they don't like or don't understand what you're trying to say...truth is it doesn't matter...if YOU like what you do...or if it does something for you...then suck it up...tell the critics to f-off and go write some more...or paint or whatever...

"teenage angst" and angst in general has produced much of what we call music and art ...i know my most creative times are also the times when i'm most miserable...

and besides...even if your stuff does suck (not saying it does)...the ONLY way to get better is to do what you do...over and over...i guarantee you'll be mightly embarassed by your early stuff...but that will be because you got better...

my advice...leave the troll alone and don't get involved in a flame war...especially over something as subjective as creativity...unless getting invovled in one makes ya more creative...hehe
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

oblio
    it seems more ostentatious than anything else. I am all for non traditional art and I happen to be a post modernist, however your writings seem far to typical and the lack of structure and ability seems to me to come from a lack of ability as opposed to a love of kitsch.

Zigar-

thanks
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

So, cowboy(oblio). Pony up some of your own work before you criticize others. It's like a friend of mine who gives me crap constantly about the NFL team I like and yet he doesn't claim any team. Oblio, you seem to derive pleasure from cutting other people down. All that shows is how little you think of yourself.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

End

Leave me alone
    Just let me die
    Please cease this pain
    Which makes me cry
    Take me to a silence deep
    A place un-feeling
    Where I can't weep
    For here on Earth
    I've lost my way
    I'm not the person
    Whom I portray
    I'm tired
    I'm scared
    I'm sick of pretending
    Please take my life
    Create my ending.
    Faqt

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

"goodness of writingness"

Litmus---

Spoke to my lawyer....
    Mr. Good News,
    He got me joint custody,
    legal separation.....

I'm so happy that I can't stop crying.....

If you're actually going through all that....man, I'm sorry, been there done that, and it sucks.
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

well cripes and uh oh, thsoe are some mighty fine written words you have, however the message concerns me so.
    which is why i say take a look around
    to realize how lucky we all are. Those people in this forum can obviously read or write, well not necessarily write do too speech to text programs.... BUT in any case a large majority of the world is illiterate, in an article i read i believe it said like 3 or 4 billion??? thats a lot of people, so yeah the woman left you, which hurts a friggin lot, or if not a woman the significant other left, but cripes it hurts, and no one can tell you it doesnt but just remember how lucky you are, look at the cloud, the beautiful sky, life may be full of pain, but there is also such beauty, beauty that we tend to let slip on by

-mR. j0nes

hang in there
    -All this will be lost, like tears in the rain-

The pain should just make you appreciate what you have even more.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

compleatly agreed with Korp there