Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LED lights

strug -

There was an earlier thread with the link to the pdf file for the white paper, and if you want it you can PM me...

My reading of this was that if your modem has a certain kind of LED (called a Class III), then the blinking would be linked to the data transmitted. A person could then either do traffic signal anaylsis, or read the data as bits, using a program to reconstruct it. They only tested certain types of hard hardware, and only some old modems and some cisco routers were vulnerable...

Of course if your worried some tape will fix the problem....not scotch tape of course!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

I have allready posted an article relating to this
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=221058
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

I have allready posted an article relating to this
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=221058
    My only fear in death is comming back reincarnated.

\"Would I ever sh*t you?\"
    \"Of course not you are my favorite turd.\"--E5C4P3

ROFL....This is rather obtuse....if I have the ability to setup observation on the LEDs then why not just intercept the transmission itself....besides a theoretical discussion, what would be the point...this is building a mountain out of a mole hile.
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-==-=
    Noah built the ark BEFORE it rained.

http://ld.net/?rn

ROFL....This is rather obtuse....if I have the ability to setup observation on the LEDs then why not just intercept the transmission itself....besides a theoretical discussion, what would be the point...this is building a mountain out of a mole hile.
    Noah built the ark BEFORE it rained.

http://ld.net/?rn

Well it does seem like these people are paranoid but you can't take too many precautions today.I wonder how much detail you pick up just by looking at LED lights. I think that is a good precaution. That's interesting about the infared detector to send the data to an external source. Think of all the possibilities of that. Well interesting read and nice post.

Well it does seem like these people are paranoid but you can't take too many precautions today.I wonder how much detail you pick up just by looking at LED lights. I think that is a good precaution. That's interesting about the infared detector to send the data to an external source. Think of all the possibilities of that. Well interesting read and nice post.

Question: If you were gunna setup a telescope to record these little blinking lights then couldn't you just set it up to record that big blinking light i.e. the monitor and see what theyre doing that way? Just a thought...
    \"Welcome to the real world...it sucks. Your gunna love it.\'\"

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    And in the process get arrested for being a "Peeping Tom"
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    uzer> Only if you have access to the monitor. Most companies have set up their workstations so they can't be seen through windows. They don't care about their switches/routers/etc, because you can't get confidential information from a blinking light...so they thought.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman