Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cat or dog?

Banned

cat or dog?

hehe just cause im really bored and couldnt bebothered moving
    who do u think is the smarter breed cats or dogs?
    i personally think dogs cause cats never do nething but sit their and purr and get hit by cars hehe ohh well
    tell me what u think
    RIOtEr

Yeah, I agree with you, dog's can be trained really well to help people - ie, the blind. They can do all sorts of things. I'm not saying that cats can't be trained, ofcourse they can, I've seen it on some TV shows, but I just think dogs have the ability to learn faster.

I got both a cat and a dog, but unfortunately, both of them are pretty stupid!! We tried training our dog, but we didn't have the patience, so I'm not blaming the dog, I'm blaming myself and my family for being too lazy!!

You should have added a POLL to this RiOtEr!!

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

My goodness, no a cat doesnt do much of anything, but there is no way that I think a dog is smarter. As the owner of both a cat and a dog, Ive seen both. The dog serves me, it will protect my house, it will get my paper(yes we trained it to actually do that) and it will basically do as I say. The cat on the other hand lays around all day doing nothing. I feed it, I pet it, I make sure its litter box is clean, I give it somewhere nice to sleep, and yet it never does as I say. Basically the pet/human world has an order. The dog serves the human, the human serves the cat. Basically the cat must be a genius to have gotten a cushy job like this.

heh i agree with umbobo1 - damn you making the point before I could

v_Ln

I love cats and I don't particularly like dogs so I guess I'm biased. Anyway, I think it depends on the specific animal not on the species. I had two cats, one was noticeably smarter than the other. And I think its smarter then the dogs I've seen. But I know there could be plenty of dogs that are smarter.

And training? That doesn't prove anything. I believe intelligence should be measured by how well the animal can figure things out on its own.
    Why am I still here?

Talking

Heres one for you I have two cats and my daughter started they on eating cheese slices hand feed to they by her. They now have us well trained they go to the refrigerator when they want some. Also they now what time she gets home from school they will wait by the door for her to come in. Dogs live to serve man and make their owners happy but cats don`t really care they know that they are kings of the food chain so they put up with us dumb humans and let us serve them. Now whos smarter I`d say cats.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

I don't really know, but I think I know why cats don't do too much... I've read this somewhere, or saw it on TV, but I can't remember... Maybe a search will find it again...

Cats don't really care about the person who 'owns' them... They just care about themselves, and everything else is secondary... It they are happy, content, given food, etc., they will stay around you. They don't really need people all too much or something... If you don't give him/her their food, they'll go and find some for themselves... I used to live in the desert, and had a cat. If he was happy with us, he'd venture out at night, or run off for a day or two, and bring us back some small animal... Then he wanted food. After that, he'd let me pet him, and then go off to sleep...

I'm guessing that they're independant, and will do what they have to to live... I don't know when they were domesticated or whatever, but they are probably still wild on the inside... Dogs on the other-hand, have probably been with people for a long time, lost some of their wild side, and will do what the person needs done, if they're rewarded... I don't know which is smarter, etc., but I'm just presenting some (hopefully accurate) facts...

-Tim_axe

Hey, you're not noticing this thing...: Cats are much wiser than dogs because they only sleep, eat, wash and have some fun themselves while dogs do all kind of stupid things to please their owner and get a tiny little scratch on their back or something... Cats are more independent, they know they won't have to be worried if you leave them at home for a day or two if they just have food. You could never leave a dog for over a day. I've got two cats of my own, but I do also like dogs...
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

"Dogs look up to man whilst cats look down upon him" -Sir Winston Churchill.

I personally think, due to some evidence, that dogs tend to be the smarter of the two classes of animals. Cats, although they noramally don't lets logs of **** hang from their ass, tend to be less sanitary in their habits, and tend to have to smell their own defecation after excreting it... not what I call smart.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!