Thread: Mesh, Dell or Evesham - Company needs help!

Mesh, Dell or Evesham - Company needs help!

Can someone please help?

The company I work for have been supplied by Tiny (oops) and now we have to find another supplier.
    The options have been narrowed down to Mesh, Dell or Evesham. From a techie point of view we need Pc's that are not restricted BIOS wise and can get parts for from any where so that they are not company specific. I understand that some companies only have company specific power supplies, motherboards etc etc

We also need a reliable pc that can handle being left up and running 24/7 without blowing up!!

We need to make a decision within the next week or so (typical last minute!!!) so any help fast would be appreciated!!!

Thanks to you all!!!

DaveH
    -----------------------------
    it\'s all 1001011001 to me!

Well, I would suggest DELL. I have not had any experience with the other companies, so have no means of comparison, so don't simply go because of what I say. I am just suggesting DELL because i have a computer from DELL and have found them very good to deal with. With DELL you can customize what you want in the computer and they all put it together how you want it. When I had the price configured over the net, it came to $3,300 - already discounted on some offer they had. I submitted the order, they then rang me again to confirm it and gave me a further $300 off, so I wasn't complaining!!

Also, where I just started working, they have a few PC's from DELL and from what I hear, they are very happy with them, but I've only been there two weeks.

Anyways, good luck with it and hopefully you'll get some other opinions from people who have had more experience with the others you mentioned.

Greg
    \"Do you know what people are most afraid of?
    What they don\'t understand.
    When we don\'t understand, we turn to our assumptions.\"
    -- William Forrester

Thanks hot_ice, will be looking at Dell in depth as well as the other 2. If anyone else knows about evesham or mesh then any replies are gratefully received
    DaveH

I would also suggest Dell. I just helped PSEG (Electric and Gas company in NJ) install Dell computers at one of their offices and everyone seems to be very pleased. They also seem compatible with parts from other companies from what I've seen.
    Rob \"BoNeZ\"

Well I haven't heard of Mesh, but Evesham and Dell I have. All I know about Eversham is they can normally match the price of any system you can buy online, but as for performance and staying power I don't know.

As for Dell I have been working with Dell for over 3 years, prices seem to be getting better if you get a good sales person they will build you pretty much anything you want, they have enough get up and go for any work related programs, there solid as rock, very rarely fall over. BUT I would knock there after sales service, so when it does go wrong it can sometimes take awhile to get it back up and running bar that I haven't any complaints.

we've had good luck with dell optiplex series...which is their "PCs for Your Connected Environment"....they are well designed (clam shell toolless cases), small footprint systems...we did have a new monitor die on us this week...haven't contacted them yet...but we will find out about service....i'll let ya know...

the dell's use a lot of standard parts...although i'm not sure about powersupplies and such...but nothing like a compaq nightmare...i do know that except the monitor, we've not had anything go wrong with any of the dell systems we have here...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Talking

Thanks guys (and gals) for your replies, will let you know what we decide this end. We are also after prompt, and reliable after sales which Dell are not too happy about, they won't let us keep a buffer stock of parts and we have to call them for stock or they will send an engineer etc, to do stuff we do on site anyway.

We have had a Dell salesman here and are waiting for Mesh and Evesham.

Fingers crossed we don't shoot ourselves in the foot (feet?)

Cheers again y'all!!!

DaveH

Originally posted here by RavensWorld
    Well I haven't heard of Mesh, but Evesham and Dell I have. All I know about Eversham is they can normally match the price of any system you can buy online, but as for performance and staying power I don't know.

As for Dell I have been working with Dell for over 3 years, prices seem to be getting better if you get a good sales person they will build you pretty much anything you want, they have enough get up and go for any work related programs, there solid as rock, very rarely fall over. BUT I would knock there after sales service, so when it does go wrong it can sometimes take awhile to get it back up and running bar that I haven't any complaints.

Well...i know all three, so here goes nothing, i think that Evesham probably deliver the best after-sales service, and tend to build reliable PCs, but then Dell and Mesh also build good computers, however Mesh prices seem to be more expensive than Evesham (not sure about Dell) .
    There\'s no sense in being Pessimistic...it would never work anyway.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Daveh, I don't really know the other companies very well, but I suggest Dell.
    The company I work for always used Compaq but they have switched to DELL. The university I'am at also uses DELL and they are very satisfied.

The Dell Optiplex has a very low total cost of ownership, (the same goes for the Compaq EVO but they cost a lot more even for older technology).
    About redundancy... go for precision workstations (if you can afford) ...
    You can visit the Dell website and create your own computer online.

Hey folks thanks for taking the time to read and post to this thread, it is always a pleasure to come to Antionline!

Unfortunately it is up to the board here to make a decision but in all the consultations, I have managed to drop in the feedback i have had from you all, together with printouts of this thread!!

Thanks to you all once again!

DaveH