Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Existance

Ninja Code Monkey
    I believe that life has whatever meaning we give it. I also believe that we don't get that meaning from any one place....I think the meaning to our lives comes from the sum of our experiences in this world and our own feelings about those experiences. Some find their meaning in their faith, others of the same faith find no meaning there due to other life experiences.

I view my own life like a drop of rain falling into a pool of water (the water being the other people). I come into contact with soo many people, and effect those people in certain ways. This contact may change the way those people think on about some things, the way they talk, they way they speak, the way they feel. You never know. Then those changes spread, like the spreading circles of waves from the drop in the pool, effecting other people that know those I had contact with. Some of those people may be affected by my ideas, some won't. This is the difference I make in the world and eventually the spreading waves will dissipate and the drop will be forgotten.

Some people are bigger rain drops than others, and their ideas/changes are remembered longer.

When it comes to the randomness of events in our lives, I believe that our perception of this randomness all depends on what level we are viewing those events. If you take each event individually it seems random. If you look at those events from a higher level I think you can start to discern a pattern in the way things work. One thing leads to another, and another, and so on. If enough of the variables are right then history repeats itself.

Anyways, enough ranting for me.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

thesecretfire - you ask why does life have to have purpose. The inner cities of the world are full of ppl without it and see how empty their lives are. Someone in one of these threads posted about irish road workers and the effect of purposelessness (yaa) on them. The main point is purpose is directly related to hope. No hope, no "joie de vivre".
    It must be them again. Start the response cycle.

Eglaelin - good post.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

In my humble opinion, life in it's very essence has a purpose - To help us grow............ evolve into something better. The situations and the people we come across to, are not without meaning at all (online or offline). There's always a reason, a "because". Moreover, I would like to share some things which I have proven in life. Some important things we have to bear in mind though:

1) We are always open to change.
    2) We take things open-mindedly. This is important, specially when dealing with complicated situations. We should go out of the four corners of the box, and see things objectively.
    3) We try out best to accept things....specially....those which cant or are atleast hard to be accepted. This is hard, but we have to atleast try and better yet do it as well. There are moments when we can't accept reality. Sometimes, we have to go through things the hardway, and when we get through...........the feeling of pain nor bitterness subsides and is replaced by bliss within ourselves.

---------- A blessed day to all

I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. ~ William Penn

Originally posted by Juridian 03-29-2002 09:55 AM
    I view my own life like a drop of rain falling into a pool of water (the water being the other people). I come into contact with soo many people, and effect those people in certain ways. This contact may change the way those people think on about some things, the way they talk, they way they speak, the way they feel. You never know. Then those changes spread, like the spreading circles of waves from the drop in the pool, effecting other people that know those I had contact with. Some of those people may be affected by my ideas, some won't. This is the difference I make in the world and eventually the spreading waves will dissipate and the drop will be forgotten.
    Greetings Juridian,

Good day to you! I do agree with what you said that people whom we come across to in our life, can affect us, the same as we affect them as well, one way or another. Morever I would like to share my insight to what you said as well. I think that the length of time at which these people stayed with us may be a brief moment, like just passing by; or may be a long time....years and sometimes........they stayed with us forever. One thing is for sure though, it is never the quantity (length) of time at which these people stayed with us.....but rather it is more on the quality of how we spent those times with them. Another thing, be it a good or a bad experience ------- it all goes down into one thing: "Learning".

Lastly, thanks for sharing with us a part of yourself, on how you see and feel things in life. Keep-up the good posts

------- A blessed day to all!!!

Whenever you have the chance, express what you feel. For you will never know...when you no longer have the chance to do so and would only be left with regrets accompanying you in the dark........

alexzel - you win the postive posting award. I can't remember you ever posting something depressing or negative.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Greetings Gold eagle,

Thanks for the comment. However, I am only human and thus, I also do have a bad side. One thing I bear in mind whenever I post though: "To only stick with the issue being discussed at hand and would refrain from dragging in non-related matters."

---- Arazel

Greetings Matty Cross,

Good day to you! I would like to share my insight in regard to your post.

Originally posted by Matty cross: 03-17-2002 05:02 PM
    but my problem with this is that, if I am to conform to such a belief, that a greater power has a purpose for me.... something I must acomplish in my life time... does that not make me a puppet.. .does it not make you a puppet?
    In life, there are numerous roads to take. We are not "puppets", because in the end the decission would still be coming from us. Thus, "Free-will" is present. We are not forced to take a road which we never have opted to take. Whenever we face a situation, it boils down to one thing--------we make a decission. That decission may result into something favorable or something which is the opposite of it. Whatever the result, you need to face it and the cycle goes on. You face situations again, you make decissions..........and as you move on.....you *GROW*

[color= purple] Have a fun!!! .............. Arazel

[blur]I would just like to say. . .Alexzel. . . ur doing a wonderful job on posting. Keep up the good work.[/blur]
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

Alexzel,

More often than not, I find that 'free-will' is , for most parts, an illusion.
    Free will, as I see it, in essence, could only be attained if you were totally alone, as our interactions with others bends our perspective on the world. This is unavoidable, unless as stated, you are totally alone (or possibly really really stubborn).

While one may believe that their action was done by their own free will, if you closely examine their actions, you generally find that another force has influenced their actions. This can vary in its effects, as with everything, but even the slightest influence of an outside force (outside being regarded as a being that is not oneself, rather than say nature or time) can completely change the persons actions which they have performed by their own 'free will'...

I may be a bleak pessimist.. but I always seem to notice that, when people are 'making decisions', the decisions have, more often than not, already been made for them.. they just haven't been informed yet (and in most instances, never will be, because they believe that they did it by their own free will)...

As for *GROW*ing... well, there's nothing wrong with that... I'm quite a fan of growing.. and once I learn how to stop, I'll like it even more... I don't like being forced to grow when I don't want to.... it leads to uncomfortable situations....
    -Matty_Cross
    \"Isn\'t sanity just a one trick pony anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick. Rational Thinking.
    But when you\'re good and crazy, hehe, the skies the limit!!\"