Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #2

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

Talking AO Newsletter #2

Hi All.

Well, here it is. Not as long as the last but still has a few good articles. Hope you enjoy. Again, if you have any difficulties, just pop me a pm here.

I think the next issue we'll give a little more time for. Deadline for Issue #3 Article Submissions:May 15, 2002. We are interested in all kinds of things including cartoons, stories, tutorials, etc. So please, send your submissions in.

Enjoy!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Good job everyone on the newsletter. I didn't have much time to go into detail about security auditing so I'll try to post a longer version in the tutorials section. Thanks to everyone who contributed. Hopefuly we'll see more tutorials, stories, etc. in the next issue.

Remote_Access_

Banned
    Weeeee! Good job MsMittens
    Some interesting stories in this one... It was worth the wait !

The newsletter is sweet. Thanks.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com

Good newsletter... I am thinking of "undertaking" the project of designing the Hacker's Periodic Table of Elements.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

A great read yet again.

Thanks to all those who contributed to it!

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

Question Any suggestions......

hello folks....

I want help on the following subjects.

1) How can i compile java prgms on linux? Which is the best compiler for java on linux.Is there any built in compiler (in RH 7.1)?

2) What is the conio.h equivalent header file in linux.Can u sugest me a god book on C for linux box which teaches C from the very basics to advanced level ?

3) How can i create permananent aliases in csh/tcsh ?when i create them using alias command it gets unaliased when i reboot the sys.

4) Can u suggest me a good book on Perl(form basics to advanced programming).I love O'Reilly books. :-)

I had a few more doubts but forgot it .....Hope to put them soon..

So plz help me...

«ßlâçkMâ§k »

Banned
    Nice newsletter, lets make part 3 beter peeps, send in your tutorials to MsMittens now!!!!

Re: blackmask

Blackmask,

You're better off starting a new thread for your questions instead of tagging along with an existing non-related thread.

To answer question 3:

Put your aliases in .cshrc or .tcshrc if I remember correctly (or was it .aliases). It's been a while since I used csh and tcsh.

Cheers,

BrainStop
    "To estimate the time it takes to do a task, estimate the time you think it should take, multiply by two, and change the unit of measure to the next highest unit. Thus we allocate two days for a one-hour task." -- Westheimer's Rule

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Hey Ennis, and MsMittens! Excellent job! I enjoyed reading this newletter very much. I think that the formating was 100% better this time round! Excellent job, and keep up the good work!
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]