Thread: A+ certification

Question A+ certification

Can someone please tell me about the A+ certification? Is it worth trying to get? What kind of jobs will I be able to get with that certification? Thank you.....

The A+ test tests on hardware and software like what is a motherboard what is a hard drive and what are the different irq settings and how to add users.Its a two part test hardware and software i think it costs about 160 us dollars...but i don't remember.. If you want a job at Worst Buy then go ahead and get other wise its my personal opinion that its kind of worthless.

In my opinion A+ is worth getting because its cheap and its one of the easier certs to get. Look at it this way if you go for a job interview and it comes down to you and some one with the same skill and experience but you don't have A+ and the other guy does guess who gets the job. Its just one extra thing to put on your resume that never hurts.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

I think it's worthless also, however if you aren't experienced in simple hardware and software then it's worth the 160 bucks. As for the cert, it's not worth much but the experience and knowledge is.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

If worse comes to worse and you dont get a 6 figure income from this cert (which you wont) then at least like Korp says you have the knowledge and the know how.
    I toor\'d YOU!

www.comptia.org

CompTIA is the best A+ Certification, if your going to get your A+, get it. There are also some other nice sites, just use Google. Have fun.
    Search First Ask Second. www.google.com