Thread: Destruktive new virus !!!

Exclamation Destruktive new virus !!!

A new virus has just been discovered that has been classified by
    Microsoft as the most destructive ever! This virus was discovered yesterday
    afternoon by McAfee and no vaccine has yet been developed.

Read more at http://www.xatrix.org/modules.php?op...thread&order=1

Thumbs down

This smell like an old HOAX .

Do you actually check up what you read on news sites ?

A Virtual Card For You

Source: A Virtual Card For You (Hoax).

Recently a new virus was discovered that was classified by MICROSOFT www.microsoft.com and by MCAFEE www.mcafee.com to be the most damaging of all time! This virus was discovered late yesterday by MCAFEE and still there is no development of a vaccine!

This virus simply writes zeros on the hard drive, where the vital information for the operation of the PC is kept. The virus activates in the following manner..........
    Internet Flower

Source: Internet Flower (hoax)

The following is a hoax message - delete or ignore such a message if received:
    -----------start of hoax content-------
    Subject: Fw: New virus found!!

Intel announced that a new and very destructive virus was discovered recently.

If you receive an email called "An internet flower for you" do not open it delete it right away! This is no joke! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries from your computer.

Your computer will not boot.

SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST!!
    Please check the source before post warnings like this !!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=222549

You only have to post things once......
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

OMFG...i can't believe this was posted here...i mean that's the kind of email crap i get from our customers ((somehow they almost always come with the address xxx@aol.com...hmmm...coincidence???)

this is so old and so lame...i actually have a stationary file set up so i can reply to it...

PLEASE don't forward this type of mail. 99% of these things are hoaxes and dilute the real dangers from viruses on the internet. Remember that virus writers can use known hoaxes to their advantage. For example, AOL4FREE began as a hoax virus warning. Then somebody distributed a destructive trojan attached to the original hoax virus warning

If you feel that you have received a warning from a credible source, please check out one of the major antivirus software companies websites. They all maintain hoax lists ..and this one is on them...

http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/v...d.for.you.html

You should always encourage everyone who sends you this kind of stuff to verify it at Symantec or Mcafee before passing it along. (as I'm encouraging YOU to do ...)
    baahhh....now if you want to really know about the REAL MOST DESTRUCTIVE VIRUS EVER...it's called sulfnbk.exe....really!...if you see this on your harddrive....You need to contact everyone you have sent ANY E-mail to in the past few months. Many major companies have found this virus on their computers. Please help your friends !!!!!!!!

(go ahead...email everybody..really...)

no...i mean it...

my cat told me to tell you...

email him mycat@aol.c0m ...he knows security....and viruses and stuff...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

i just got an email from my cat...he says to tell everyone that "Sulfnbk.exe is a Windows utility that is used to restore long file names. This utility is not required to run Windows, but it is necessary if you need to restore long files names if they become damaged or corrupted. "

(i personally think he copied that directly from the microsoft site...)

he also says to go to www.vmyths.com for more info on virus hoaxes...

swwwwwwwwwish....thread save....hehe
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Banned
    Zigar I was reading your message when I saw your signature. Patching Vulnerabilities is your job?? That would be a pretty cool job .

Sorry guys, but is seams that e-mail about destruktive virus is one of the Hoax, released from NewYork area, and we get confirmed from McAfee that is a Hoax...Read this:
    McAfee AVERT Labs would like to inform you of a new email HOAX.
    This email message is just a HOAX, currently we know of no other message that the user will receive about the HOAX as the initial email states. AVERT has not received any report of a user's hard drive being erased for opening the email."

We are advising users who receive the email to delete it and DO NOT pass it on as this is how an email HOAX propagates.

English version:
    "Recently a new virus was discovered that was classified by MICROSOFT www.microsoft.com and by MCAFEE www.mcafee.com to be the most damaging of all time! This virus was discovered late yesterday by MCAFEE and still there is no development of a vaccine!

This virus simply writes zeros on the hard drive, where the vital information for the operation of the PC is kept. The virus activates in the following manner:

1. By email it is received with the title 'A VIRTUAL CARD FOR YOU', when opening the message, it sends itself to all in the address list soon...

2. It hangs the machine, forcing the user to reboot the system.

3. AT the moment in which the keys ctrl+alt+del or the RESET button is pressed, it writes zeros to the hard drive making it unusable forever.

By the previous information, please, take precaution with the use of electronic mail and, of course, if you receive an email which you do not know the origin of, simply delete it without opening.

Please, send this message to the most people possible!!!!

In a few hours yesterday, this virus caused panic in New York, according to CNN www.cnn.com."

Spanish version:

"ACABA DE SER DESCUBIERTO UN NUEVO VIRUS QUE FUE CLASIFICADO POR LA MICROSOFT www.microsoft.com Y POR LA MCAFEE www.mcafee.com COMO EL MAS DANINO DE TODOS LOS TIEMPOS !!!! ESTE VIRUS FUE DESCUBIERTO AYER DE TARDE POR LA MCAFEE Y TODAVIA NO FUE DESARROLLADA UNA VACUNA !!!!

SIMPLEMENTE DESTRUYE EL SURCO CERO DEL DISCO DURO, DONDE QUEDAN
    GUARDADAS INFORMACIONES VITALES PARA EL FUNCIONAMIENTO DEL PC.

EL VIRUS ACTUA DE LA SIGUIENTE MANERA:

1. VIA E-MAIL SE RECIBE CON EL TITULO: 'UNA TARJETA VIRTUAL PARA TI.', AL ABRIR EL MENSAJE, LO PRIMERO QUE HACE ES AUTO REENVIARSE A TODA LA LISTA DE CORREO LUEGO...

2.o TRABA EL PC OBLIGANDO AL USUARIO A RE-INICIAR EL SISTEMA.

3.o EN EL MOMENTO EN QUE SON PRESIONADAS LAS TECLAS ctrl+alt+del O EL BOTON DE RESET, DESTRUYE EL SURCO CERO DEL DISCO DURO INUTILIZANDOLO PARA SIEMPRE.

???? POR LO ANTERIOR, POR FAVOR, TENGAN PRECAUCION CON EL USO DE SU CORREO ELECTRONICO Y, POR SUPUESTO, SI RECIBEN UN MAIL DEL CUAL DESCONOZCAN SU PROCEDENCIA U ORIGEN, SIMPLEMENTE BORRENLO SIN ABRIR.

POR FAVOR, ENVIEN ESTE MENSAJE AL MAYOR NUMERO DE PERSONAS POSIBLE!!!!

EN UNAS POCAS HORAS AYER, ESTE VIRUS CAUSO PANICO EN NUEVA YORK, DE ACUERDO A LA CNN www.cnn.com."
    Related links
    · More about IT News
    · News by Dalibor Glavan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most read story in IT News:
    Microsoft may disable upgraded PCs

This might be an interesting site to check out. It also has links to other anti-hoax sites. www.hoaxkill.com/index2.thtml
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)