Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you've ever wondered what you can actually do with the Windows registry...

If you've ever wondered what you can actually do with the Windows registry...

www.regedit.com They have all kinds of cool tweaks that you can do to your system through the registry (registry editing being one of the goals of anyone wishing to claim mastery of windows)

Have fun
    - T3|\\|9U () -

Thanks for the page. But a warning to anyone who's new to computers (like me). Don't try this stuff at home. If you start editing your registry and you don't know what you're doing, you can trash your operating system in a hurry.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Make sure you back up your registry before you try hacking it. Just choose -Registry --> Export registry files (choose all files) --> Then select the location where you want the files backed up to (I suggest a zip disk or CDRW, as the registry database can become quite large. )

When surfing through that site, try the modification that involves your logo.sys files, it lets you change those boring windows startup/shutdown screens. Pretty kewl
    - T3|\\|9U () -

With regedit u can change data to make a trial prog full. Many crack change the data there when u run one.

Banned
    Oh yeah, I edited the Registry on my RedHat 7.2 system and it hasnt worked since

I'ts good to play with regedit if you're new in hacking. Just make sure you know what you're doing.
    Listen closely to your enemies. They tell you your faults.

Banned
    i like my registry although im stupid and careless and end up breaking things
    hehe
    RiOTEr

u r cracker, u crack urself. hehe he

Then how come it never messes up the registry when microsoft plants there little
    snitch files of where you have been etc?

Banned
    Not sure, but toying with that damn thing can be a pain in the ass afterwards! I did it to my Unix box and it completely messed it up. You seriously need to be an expert at that if you gunna toy wit it.