Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Random question

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Gee, this should have been in the Cosmos thread. The original post asked if Keisha was right to send in the letter. Well, yes. If you feel that greatly about something, then take action. I disagree with what you wrote, but that is not what you asked.

You can take ANYTHING out of context and use it to justify what you want to. Its kinda like statistics. I can make a Pentium 100mhz look like it runs at almost the same speed as a P4 2 Ghz, if I make the correct graph. It is all in how you view it. Everyone has their own beliefs. Just like Keisha felt the need to write in condeming the people who wrote before, those people felt the need to condem the original act.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Thumbs up

Originally posted here by LoggOff
    EARTH TO EVERYONE ON THIS THREAD! this is a security website, not some debate website ment for letting religus people attack homosexials cause they are public about there preference....
    The forum is called GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Give people a little slack, even if you don't like the
    direction the discussion takes.
    I, also, am sometimes uncomfortable with other
    people's rants, but we are all computer enthusiasts
    here.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I think if Christians should be allowed to voice their opinions and spread their belifes so should anyother group, with the exception of national security of course. This IS America after all. We can live pretty much however we want and not be persecuted by the government.
    However people are different. People, expecially old Christians, are self rightious, cinicle, and judgmental. Which makes me want to puke. Even though someone could live their life for God, following His word, still succomb to such a Pharases like sin. Jesus started on them at like age 8.

The Point:All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. So, that means we all screw up, some of us screw up worse, but in through the eyes of God, its all the same.

Questiono I think they should have allowed same sex entrys into this public mall?
    Answer: If you live in the state of Texas there is a law prohibiting acts of homosexuality/sodomy, so until they changed that law I dont think they should.

And personally, if I had kids walking around that mall, I wouldnt want them subjected to seeing such sexual perversion. However all that means to me is that they must be educated sooner. Educating your children is they key. About everything.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

I think that any religon should be able to spread there word. I don't believe in one but I do think that you should respect anyone who does. Even if it's an other religon then your own. The people who commit suicide attacks and kill for there religon haven't really red there holy books good.
    Bleh.

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    [i] so that little fib you told to your boss/mom/wife/friend puts you on the same plain as the homosexual that you put down....might want to put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    [/B]
    * Puts that in his pipe and smokes it.

It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Originally posted here by Sick Dwarf
    I think that any religon should be able to spread there word. I don't believe in one but I do think that you should respect anyone who does. Even if it's an other religon then your own. The people who commit suicide attacks and kill for there religon haven't really red there holy books good.
    Well said.

This whole thing, turns me red with anger. Why? Simply put. Why must people need to have a book to tell them what is forbidden and what is "ok"? I think you should use your own judgement and experiences as your guidelines for the game of Life.

Back to the orginal post:
    If people think that their children are being corrupted by a story which was reported in the newspaper, dealing with a "kissing contest" and "same sex", they need to get a reality check. HELLO!? Your child WILL be dealing with that. Perhaps not tomorrow, nor the next day, or even a few years down the line. But eventually they WILL deal with that. It is not bad, to be exposed to it. It does NOT hurt or kill anyone. (well I take that back, a few years ago some poor gay man was killed) I for one, would love to see anything else, than Murder, Killings, Suicide plastered all over the NewsPaper's and News Shows.

I think Religion is the Root of All Evil. Not the religion itself, but the people who follow it. Want an example? Easy. Crusades? Oh, you want something more current? Well ok, Muslim extremists. Perhaps you want a bit of Christianity. Salem Witch Trials anyone?

[Disclaimer: This post was not directed to anyone specifically, do not take offense to it, because it was purely an opinion]
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Banned

urgh

Greetings All:

First off, this thread belongs in the "cosmos" forum. But, that's beside the point:

"wouldnt want them subjected to seeing such sexual perversion."

Urgh, nothing worse than a religious person. The analogy of you being a flock of sheep is a good one. Blindly being led around by 2,000 year old bullshit created to control the uneducated masses. How fitting.

As for homosexuals: I hate to tell some of you Jesus-loving-hippies this, but AntiOnline is owned and operated by homosexuals. As such, we won't tolerate gay bashing in any way shape or form here.

This isn't exactly the forum for this type of discussion to begin with. We're supposed to be a security site, remember?

BTW: I added a pride flag as the newest site smilie. Feel free to use it

nice job JP!
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Talking woohooo!

woooohooooooooo!

You did say use it.

For those of us who are secure with our sexuality, same sex kissing is not sexual perversion or anything even remotely related.

As for the contest: More power to them.

All this coming from a straight AO user.

As a close friend of mine said once "Forward, never straight."
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson