Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google and Scientology Battle

Originally posted here by cwk9
    Sounds like someone at google has something against scientology. I’m no scientology fan but I think that google is clearly in the wrong here.
    Okay kids, this is why you should read the article
    Scientology people got google to remove a site that exposed scientology, one by the name of www.xenu.net
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Makes me sad sad sad. And if scientology was a religion they would make their "bible" available to the public.
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

I feel bad for Google. They finally make a profit, and this is what happends....

If droping these sites is what it takes for the rest of google to survive, then I guess I am willing to accept that...for now
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

The moment there is an equivalent service to google I´m outta there. Bending forward and grabbing your ankle´s the moment the scientologists sneeze is not something I will support. But as you say jcmcb, I´ll take it ... for now
    Dear Santa, I liked the mp3 player I got but next christmas I want a SA-7 surface to air missile

Originally posted here by cwk9
    Sounds like someone at google has something against scientology. I’m no scientology fan but I think that google is clearly in the wrong here.

oh please...read the article man...google does not make sites..they just find existing ones...the page in question was made by someone else and the Scientologists were pissed that anyone could see it if they did a search about Scientology.

The only thing Google has done wrong is bending over to their demands.

Scientologists
    Realityisanillusioncreatedbyanalcoholdeficiency.

update: Google has a new policy regarding legal actions targeting them. (I´m not sure if they only apply it to american sites) When faced with threats they send al correspondance to Chilling Effects ************* (www.chillingeffects.org). This org is an EFF, Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, and University of San Francisco law school clinics playground for free speach on the internet.
    chillingeffects.org only offers advice.. but it´s a damn good start
    Go EFF!