View Poll Results: Almost daily news from many SCRs totally copied. Are you want this?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • YeS

3 50.00%
  • I dOn'T cArE !i!

2 33.33%
  • NO0öo

1 16.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mac or Windows?

The Iceman Cometh
    I agree with BrainStop. I generally used Windows-based machines, but definately prefer Unix and Linux machines. They're more customizable and you have full control over every minor detail within the operating system. In Windows, not even Bill Gates knows what all the files are for.

AJ

IMHO Mac is the better system (OS X rules!) in terms of ease of use and security. The only area that macs really lag in is Games, and even that is getting much better....

Overall I would say go with what your comfortable with/can make the most use of. But Macs still rule!
    - Jimmy Mac

Replicants are like any technology, if there not a hazard, its not my problem....

After so many years people still make polls for OSs why? Everytime with the same subject. I know, because the guys, and in our situation 11001001 wants some antipoints. Isn't it true Mr.11001001 ?
    -<Mr.11001001> Of course not.
    -<©ode> Then why?
    -<Mr.11001001> Because i want to know.
    -<©ode> Oh, yeah, and so many threads about this topic, there are, why didn't u search?
    -<Mr.11001001> Eh..eh.eh...
    -<©ode> Don't do so stupid things.
    þhé ©óðé íß öóåé®fúø
    o kodika einai panisxiros

I would say of course Linux....but since it was not an option, I'll say Mac. Mac OS X is based on Darwin, which in turn is based back on BSD. What does this mean??It means you have the user friendliness of Mac with the power of unix. I have had the pleasure of playing with os X...and I might say I'm impressed. The absolute ONLY reason to use doze is for convenience.....and I don't mean laziness...I mean convenience. (i.e, I havn't got the rca-in working on my video card under linux yet, so I use doze when I need to watch tv). It's more of a backup.
    All that to say my final verdict would be Mac....so long as you have osX
    SlackWare my first, Debian my second....building my box into the ultimate weapon

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Well, thank you to everyone who had valuable input. I appreciate your help.

Originally posted here by ©ode
    After so many years people still make polls for OSs why? Everytime with the same subject. I know, because the guys, and in our situation 11001001 wants some antipoints. Isn't it true Mr.11001001 ?
    -<Mr.11001001> Of course not.
    -<©ode> Then why?
    -<Mr.11001001> Because i want to know.
    -<©ode> Oh, yeah, and so many threads about this topic, there are, why didn't u search?
    -<Mr.11001001> Eh..eh.eh...
    -<©ode> Don't do so stupid things.
    After being banned so many times GbinaryR still flames why?
    How about you: "Don't do stupid things."
    BTW, people don't tend to give out antipoints for general info. polls about simple questions like OS preferences. Searching is all well and good, but I wanted to know how people felt about OSs NOW. Not THEN.
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

First off, I need to say I'm amazed this thread has gone so far without a flame war conisdering the topic in question; I think I might have found a tech related forum with inteligent people (yay!). Anyway, Windows or Mac? Well, I run both at home, and I feel the Macintosh is the stronger all around system. Windows, imho, is hardly worth the trouble. Now, I could cite spyware, bugs, gaping security problems (often so bad, even my humble mind can understand them), but unless you're already deep in the Windows rut, I think you should probably move into something a little more elogent. So that leaves us with the Mac. Macs aren't for everyone, and as other posters have pointed out, there is the open source alternative. It would cheaper to slap together your own machine than to buy a whole Mac, and Apple doesn't quite seem to understand that some of us *enjoy* tinkering yet. But on the other hand, these are machines which are put together extremely well... and look purdy too . They won't dissapoint.
    This is opinion is, of course, provided only as opinion, however what is fact is that Windows and Intel are bad

Good luck finding your new soulmate.
    \"We have electric cars, electric coffee grinders, and electric blankets, so I\'m gonna invent an electric chair.\" - Me ~ \"We newbies don\'t get all the jokes, but we luagh at every one of them\" - Unknown

write about something that hasnt been talked about
    T e l e n e T J u m p e r

Yeah 11001001 many people have bored with this topic. From then there wasn't any big change u know Mr.11001001
    þhé ©óðé íß öóåé®fúø
    o kodika einai panisxiros