Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: They are LISTENING...

They are LISTENING...

I got this from here. I find this very interesting, do you?
    Do you know how secure your telephone conversations are?? Are Christian, and teen help hotlines really all that confidential...? What can we do to protect our privacy in cell phones and other phone conversations?? How can i free up my time by intercepting and listening to other people's conversations?? Take a look and see.

Possession of scanners capable of intercepting digital phone calls is a felony offense in the United States....

Well does that count Wireless phones?? I take no responsibility for any trouble you get in with the information provided. It is meant as an educational article to discuss the security of cell fones...yeh right! This is true, and i have done it. This is not bull. Maybe it will get some people to start better protecting my private conversations. Hehe I have my own little echelon.

You may think that just because you are on a teen help hotline or defcon voice bridge you have no reason to fear that someone may be listening. We are listening.

===============TAKEN FROM==============

http://www.usatoday.com/life/cyber/tech/ctg848.htm

Of the 85 million cell phones in the USA, 4.2 million use the Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) standard, industry experts say. Omnipoint Communications Services LLC is the largest GSM vendor.

"Now (cell phones that use) GSM can be intercepted and broken by an individual hacker," says Marc Briceno, cryptographer and director of the Smartcard Developer Association. "They might as well use no encryption at all."

GSM Association Spokesman James Moran, nonetheless, says finding a GSM signal to eavesdrop on in the first place will be hard. So far, he says, no one has produced a digital scanner capable of intercepting calls originating from his members’ systems.

"Our plan is to provide a demonstration in a legal environment -- in all likelihood within the next 6 months," Briceno says. That test will almost certainly happen outside the USA. Possession of scanners capable of intercepting digital phone calls is a felony offense in the United States.

The eight hours needed to complete the procedure, however, let GSM backers claim their system remained essentially free of security holes

==========================================

Eight hours?? Well for cracking codes that is understandable but if you are like me and wanna just eavesdrop so you can black mail your friend about his "Special Doctor Apointment" you will be too lazy to take the time and do that. But if you live in the US you have it made. All you need is:

A wireless phone (not cell fone, it might work but i doubt it)

A TV with an antenna of some sort. All Tv's have them or intercept the waves in some way.

First things first take your antenna ---------{{--- and have it ready then get your wireless phone and call your best friend so you can laugh together.

Turn your tv on to a channel that is very staticy *they work better*. Then hover the fone around the antenna until you pick up a conversation, should be pretty instant. Be sure your wireless fone has been charged up first!

You should hear something like this:

"Yes swiss account # 3276587635 Name i Boris Elsid Password is chocletballs. Yes i want to change it to my new email addy borislsid@cyberarmy.com for better security?

Lady: Okay and Can you please verify your personal info please. First i need the answer to you secure question...

====

You get the idea... I hope you have fun, the procedures are pretty simple. To change to another fone conversation change tv channels. For questions or comments send them to me at borislsid@cyberarmy.com or post them here and i will try to answer anything not all cleared up in the article.
    I had no idea this stuff was possible. Maybe I've been stuff under a rock (or spending too much time at AO, hehe) but I'm quite surprised by this. Good thing I hardly ever use my cell anyway.

makes you think..... I've always had a bit of paranoia running through my veins and this doesn't help things much!!

Hmm, well if someone is trying to listen in on my teen conversation, and they REALLY want to bad enough...then hell, that's ok. lol. Maybe it's just me, but I think if everyone had a psychological evaluation, and was treated, this world would be a much better place. ;P

i knew it was possible to listen into phone conversations but i never consider that the TV would help in this.

I have big tinfoil rabbit ears on my TV I wonder if that would enhance the effect.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

This should work with other radio based devices. Similiar ideas are used by some people to pick up low power pirate radio stations, not necesarily TVs, or so I've heard. Might be interesting to see if you could use this trick to transfer data among other things... hmmm... you could have your own television station... kinda
    \"We have electric cars, electric coffee grinders, and electric blankets, so I\'m gonna invent an electric chair.\" - Me ~ \"We newbies don\'t get all the jokes, but we luagh at every one of them\" - Unknown

You can hack wireless networks and intercept cellphone conversations with a pringle can. I'm suprised this news shockes you.
    Fight the Power!

This should work with other radio based devices. Similiar ideas are used by some people to pick up low power pirate radio stations, not necesarily TVs, or so I've heard. Might be interesting to see if you could use this trick to transfer data among other things... hmmm... you could have your own television station... kinda
    \"We have electric cars, electric coffee grinders, and electric blankets, so I\'m gonna invent an electric chair.\" - Me ~ \"We newbies don\'t get all the jokes, but we luagh at every one of them\" - Unknown

Listening to mobile phone is really easy when it use an oldet analog NMT or AMPS. I'm not sure if this networks ws used in USA but here in Czech Republic and probably in whole europe they was. So in this NMT or AMPS is realy easy to listen to somenes call. When you have a receiver that works at 450 MHz you can just turn it on and you will hear someones call. Thats because the communication between mobile phone and central goes in analog not coded form. Not so in GSM. Even if you have receiver (for GSM working at 900 or 1800 MHz) you still can "connect" to someones call but thats all. Communication goes in coded digital form. For coding an A5 algorithm is used. Simply said it works in this way - GSM send request to mobile to establish call at this time phone starts with coding/decoding with this algorithm. And all data going though are in that coded state. The only thing how you can listen to them is to get into GSM operator central or to decode the signal - but as far as I know for amateur without REALLY good knowladge and equipment this is almost impossible. Even police when they want to listen to somene doesn't do it by decoding on their own but they ask for that call a operator. So that's simply said how does GSM work and why it is not so simple to listen to them...

btw A5 algorithm is already know to public but problem is that if the key is long 64 bits you will need about 500 000 computers to break it in one year.... (that was writen in year 1999) now we know effective attackt on this koding - more could be found here http://jya.com/crack-a5.htm

Materials I used writing this article - my knowladge from school, some articles at www.mobil.cz, and diploma work of one student at palacky university... all materials are in czech language so I dont put them links.. but if anyone is interested let me know I do that additionaly

Red face Someone should have listened in !

LOL If they were listening in way back in my teens I would leave them alone now. Wow it would mean a life without the voices !
    I\'m not over the hill yet, but I\'ve got a good view of the valley.