Thread: reciving double emails

reciving double emails

ive been getting every email i recive twice instead of once to both my hotmail accounts for ages now, i'm beggining to think someone has done something to them as it doesnt happen to my other address which is kept private, does anyone know of anything that make this happen?

I can not get what you mean. you mean that you used to be recieve every email twice and now you recieve every mail once?

Ivan, The exact same thing happens to me. I use outlook express to access my email in hotmaill. I think that might be the problem because i do not recieve double emails at hotmail.com. Has Anybody avery heard of this?
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

i use hotmail through internet explorer but don't get double emails

Ok, the only explanation I can think up is due to web based hotmail users clicking the send button a few more times than necessary (Some people are addicted to double clicking when a single click will do the job). Double clicking that little send button will send you two emails, + tripple clicking would probably send you tree copies.

This is the only theory I can come up with, not a real technical one sorry. I too have experienced multiple copys of the same email, and this is the only theory I could think up. I haven't tested it or anything. But in the end, who really cares. Read one, delete the other. There are worse things that could happen to you than you receiving the same email twice.

There are worse things that could happen to you than you receiving the same email twice.
    yeah but if you are downloading them onto your computer usiong something like outlook it could be annoying waiting for all ur emails to download and then discovering that it could have taken half the time >_<

v_Ln

yes i do use outlook express to download my messages but i sometimes access them from the web to, i have noticed it happening even when i dont use outlook express as well though...maybe as xpaciscool said it could be some kind of problem between hotmail and outlook express, or it could be as rna said, people double clicking the the send button, however i doubt that as i also seem to have recived double the amount of notifications to this thread...

i will probably keep my eye on it though and see if i can work any type of pattern out and maybe contact hotmail themselves, it's been happening constantly for a while now though and i sometimes recive 10+ emails per day so as u's can probably imagine it's a bit of a pain...

thanks for the replys anyway, i'll post back here anything i find out....

I experianced the issue desrcibed above when I used a pop3 client to access email on a server and told the client to leave the mail on the server. The client was not able to distniquish between new mail and mail that it left on the server. I had this problem several years and ago and thought it would be fixed by now guess not. Tell the client to delete the mail from the server when it gets it or live with double mails.

Cheers,
    -D
    If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, you will be hacked. What\'s more, you deserve to be hacked.
    -- former White House cybersecurity adviser Richard Clarke