Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a buch of BULL

Back to the topic at hand...these "organizations" have been around for sometime. I've noticed several different ones in 2600's quarterly publications.

It could be that the weakness is Yahoo itself. I do a fair amount of lurking in various rooms....ahem "coff coff"..... and it takes very little time for someone to actually get your password from your login. I saw the script for it at one time but i cant seem to remember where i put it. From there it would be fairly easy to get your ip and yadda yadda yadda.......

Banned
    no wonder. they have a ".gov" link at the bottom of the page.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Talk about free enterprise.
    Wonder how long it'll take the FBI to shut these guys down?
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me

Well this is another bullshit organization that uses people's ignorance for their own profit. The man who started the site is obviously an idiot also. Well I suspect he'll be shut down soon and his ******* will be sore.

Shenanigan! Shenanigan! My advice would to try switching firewalls and make your security setttings higher. Also, make sure that your antivirus AND firewall is up to date.

she·nan·i·gan

1. a.) A deceitful trick; an underhanded act.
    b.) Remarks intended to deceive; deceit.

Remote_Access_

Hello to all. All I have to say here, is that BlackHats have given us hackers bad names. Why? Because they destroy.

I surveyed twenty people about this. When I asked them this question:

"When you think of the word, 'hacker', whats the first thing that comes to mind?"

18 out of 20 said destroying computers, stealing passwords, and defacing sites. This is not good. Very, very, not good.

I am a greyhat hacker, I don't know what the rest of you are. I would never deface or destroy a site or an email address. I would never shut down a company's network or deface a system. Why? Because of the respect and the desire to learn that I have for computers, thats why. Anyone who is low enough to be a blackhat, in my opinion, is low enough to be called a script kiddie.
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Great, more scam artists completely intent on giving true hackers a bad name. I guess we should all be used to it by now, but it doesn't mean that we have to like it. I wonder if the media will ever learn what a hacker is.
    If you don\'t tell me what I want to know, in 5 minutes I\'ll be the only person left standing at this table...5 minutes after that, I\'ll be the only person left standing in this room.

Originally posted here by 10dedfish
    It could be that the weakness is Yahoo itself. I do a fair amount of lurking in various rooms....ahem "coff coff"..... and it takes very little time for someone to actually get your password from your login. I saw the script for it at one time but i cant seem to remember where i put it. From there it would be fairly easy to get your ip and yadda yadda yadda.......
    that's what I suspect as well

I cringe every time I see one of these "Learn to be a Hacker" clones sites complete with pretentious black backgrounds and loud fonts. The term "hacker" has been thrown around so much that the original meaning (whatever that was) has been completely lost. I'm careful when using the word hacker because every person has a different idea of what the word means so you tend to be understood differently depending on who you talk to. This has almost made me want to boycott the word "hacker" .

Someone asked in a previous post to this thread, "I wonder how long it will take for the FBI to remove this site". I think that we at AO could help speed up the process a little. If you want to see the site closed down, send an email to their ISP and complain. Also consider writing to the FBI and see what the reaction is. You can help stop this crap.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.