View Poll Results: is perl now worth learning?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes! do it!

0 0%
  • nah, move on to ______....

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How anonymous are you?

Banned
    Touché! I like how cwk9 put it.

I give all but my exact location and identity (only alias)

i give out the required info only & if i have to put in home address etc.. i fake it

i will gave them info but i dont have my real name and stuff like that but my location is mostly true that was a good question
    so said the raven nevermore

It depends on who it is. I do read privacy policies, and if it sounds like they're selling or giving away my information I usually say "adios" and live without whatever they're giving away. If they just want an e-mail address I give them my preacherman481@hotmail.com address. I am very reluctant to give out my ISP (POP) address.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

I really dont care who sees what I'm looking at while I'm online.If you'r not doing anything "illegal" what does it really matter if some site is compiling info on you.The bottom line is that no matter what you do if someone wants do get info on you and they are determined to do so ,there's really nothing that you can do other than turn off your box and get offline.
    What gets me is that some people are so paranoid about thier personal info getting into the wrong hands,but then they turn around and use thier credit card to buy something online ? do you really trust that ?.
    Where there's a will ,there is a way.

Crimina1

Originally posted here by smirc
    Depends who the site is owned by. Usually I just BS the details because I want to avoid getting spammed. But yesterday I was downloading a report from www.fbi.gov and they asked for my details. I gave them my correct details since the odds of getting spammed/cracked by them is minimal .
    FBI the so-called "Elite" in law inforcement had to go to the mormans for help on howto upgrade thier computer networks because they were like 10 years behind as far as technology is concerned.

One would think that the FBI would have not only up to date network structure but also the very best in software and hardware.It's no wonder why they weren't able to stop 9/11.
    I know this is kinda off topic but everytime I hear The words FBI I feel like throwing up,with the kind of protection that they give it's citizens it's no suprize why terrorists are able to do what they do.

FBI should stand for FOOLISH BLIND IDIOTS because that's exactly what they are.

Crimina1

The last time that I signed up on a Yahoo message board, I became:

UserName: Ben Dover

Fake. There is no reason why any site, which I am NOT buying anything from, needs my personal information, email address, phone number etc. I also fill in the least amount of info as I can. Most of the time. Your name, and email address are required.

For Name, Address (Phone is usually voluntary):
    All places that ask me to fill in 'personal' info I give them the info on someone whom I have made up.
    Edit: And for places which use 'smart' forms for the addresses (i.e. match up address to zip code) I go to qwestdex.com and pick someone's address.

Email Address:
    heh. 'blah@bleh.com'

But when it is a site which I need an email from, i give it a 'spam-collecting' email address. Hotmail for example.

And for my IP address, I used to use anonymous proxies.

For forums like these, I make up a new user name for each one. Perhaps I have talked to some of you before, but you knew me as a different nick. One exception to that. I'm always the same person on IRC. But from forums to forums, I am someone different. How many of you do that?
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Originally posted here by Crimina1
    I really dont care who sees what I'm looking at while I'm online.If you'r not doing anything "illegal" what does it really matter if some site is compiling info on you.The bottom line is that no matter what you do if someone wants do get info on you and they are determined to do so ,there's really nothing that you can do other than turn off your box and get offline.
    What gets me is that some people are so paranoid about thier personal info getting into the wrong hands,but then they turn around and use thier credit card to buy something online ? do you really trust that ?.
    Where there's a will ,there is a way.
    What does it matter if a site is compiling info on you? How about 20megs worth of spam, or a metric tonne of junk mail, or being harassed by telemarketers? And they are not determined: If getting data from you is difficult, they'll get it form someone else.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I use the same ident in almost all my forums and sites.. I guess I may be a bit paranoid by not giving out info, but I don't think everybody needs to know where I live, what my age is, what I ate for breakfast, and my high school locker combination.

Conspiracy note... I wonder if the NSA gets access to all the databases and has the ultimate DB in the world.. Would be interesting to see all the info compiled on you in your lifetime in one list.. You may be surprised what's on there. Remember that survey you filled out in the mall that time when you were 15? hehe