Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The end of Earth?

The end of Earth?

Yeah since I don't get out to much, maybe this is old news by now but I just saw it when I signed onto AOLHell. Apparently there is a one-kilometer-wide asteroid that will hit the earth in 2880 yeah we will all be dead so it won't affect us but it's interesting and covers some good topics

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...4_asteroid.htm

I don't know about you, but im not gonna be dead... getting frozen. heh by that time we will have the technology to destroy/divert it anyway.
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

Talking nothin to worry about bud

If its that far off, we probably don't have precise measurements anyway. I think the only real thing we have to worry about is in 25 billion years: our sun's explosion.
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]

Re: nothin to worry about bud

Originally posted here by silentstalker
    If its that far off, we probably don't have precise measurements anyway. I think the only real thing we have to worry about is in 25 billion years: our sun's explosion.
    Actually, what we really have to worry about is not an explosion, but rather that it will get to a stage where it becomes a bit cooler, but bigger. Bigger such that our nice little planet will be under the surface. It'll still be a star, albeit a cooler variety, and our earth will be plasma.

I think after that it settles down and burns dimly for quite some time.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    actually i think a global flood will do it first. I've read an article that said that scientists have found that the artic glaciers are melting away at incredible rates. Now thats not really scary. What is scary is the fact that all the glacier's water isn't frozen, only a small percentage on the outside. The inside is unfrozen water. Think of the wall holding that water in as a dam holding back millions of tons of water. If that dam melts and breaks, were all going to have a pretty bad day.

I think the chances of a world-wide plague or an asteriod hitting the earth in the next 25 billion years is rather good. Chances are we'll be long wiped out or evolved into a new species before we have to worry about the sun.

What we really have to worrie about is nukes and self-destruction, thats how it is gonna end, all that is going to be left is cockroaches and a few survivors scouring the earth picking overly sized radiation enduced berrys and feeding on the flesh of the dead. You know.... Happy thoughts : )
    WWJD
    What Would Jesus Do (For a klondike Bar?)

2 astroids came pretty close to the earth this year, one in Jan. and one last month. nobody saw the one last month until it had passed earth because it came from the direction on the sun. All astroids are not in orbit, some are just traveling threw the galaxy. these travel much faster than the ones in orbit and if one came from behind the sun we'ed never know what hit us.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

im hungry..

Anyone got n e food?
    ------------EViLSEED
    Hackers are impervious. Resistant is futile.

Repent!

"Joel's Army of locusts comes through first and devours everything. The true outpouring comes AFTER this army of locusts. Please note also that the Bible prophesies that just before the end, God will send 'Elijah the prophet' to bring a powerful move of repentance."

Dont overlook the obvious...I think we will be offed by locust just as the bible says. Asian water beetle bots or wtf ever they are called. In madison they swarm into buildings and hibernate through the winter coming back even worse the next year. They are the scum of the earth! They bite and pinch!