Thread: Windows Update

Question Windows Update

I was wondering if when you install your own box with any MS OS, if you do the updates through the Microsoft Windows Update Site.

I usually bring my box to work and do the updates here because i'm not sure what information is being sent to the Microsoft.

Nothing is sent, MS simply send you the ENTIRE list of Updates, and Exsplorer filter's out the one's you don't need....simple.....
    If info was sent to MS, they'd be out of Buissness really fast
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

if u mean something like hidden files... i don't think so ... maybe they'll check for the key number if it's an original os or not ..
    but i don't think anything else .... coz' if they do ... then u'll have the evidence to sue them ... hope they do .. it’ll be the easiest way for shutting down microshift and being a millionaire
    When the power of Love overcomes the Love of power, the world will know peace... Jimi Hendrix
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask...... what was war?

Actually they do gather some information. Go to www.windowsupdate.com and read their privacy statement. They will tell you what they gather. They do gather your OS, ID numbers for Plug and Play Devices, ID numbers of other software on your box (including their competitor's, I think), and something else. Go to the link and read it yourself. But they say they don't gather e-mail addresses or any other "personally indentifiable info."
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Thx, some time ago I read something somewhere that they use it to do a more or less acurate list of how many illegal copy's that are being used around...
    So I thought I would ask you to see if you could give me a more precise answer about it...

thx again all...