Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The greenies

Clarification, folks, the "new" dots are not new at all. Only graphic replacements.

The first five dots on a user are each worth about 100 points. After that, to save space, you get a dot every 200 points. Originally the two images were so close to the same shade that nobody noticed, but JP apparently went and made them more distinguishable.

Short answer: Nothing has changed except the shades of green of the dots.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Originally posted here by ii-monk
    i say to remove the green dots put instand of them Gold dots, Silver dots and Copper dots as the awards of the Olympics Games.
    Gold dot = 500 anti-points
    Silver dot = 100 anti-points
    Copper dot = 10 anti-points (or more)
    I kinda like this idea... Would make the posts even more colorful, if nothing else... though I think some of the senior members' bars would make my head hurt.

The gold dot thing, though, I think we need... maybe one gold for every ten green or something... or one gold for every thousand... and, well, one platinum for every ten thousand? Should be fine as lon as no one has over 100k points, eh? LOL
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

The gold dot sounds great even though i'll probably never get it. and another thing has anyone noticed there are 2 colours if green dots? or is it just my computer?
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

Hellbringer,
    You're not just seeing things; it's supposed to be like that. The first five green dots denote 100 antipoints each; the ones after that denote 200 antipoints each. And don't sell yourself short. As you increase your knowledge and make helpful posts you will earn antipoints.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

You are talking about me, eheh?

Frankly, I still don't give a ****. I still contend that AP are a farce and inconsequetial to the reality of this site. Give me a flash animation game depicting the shooting down of AntiPoints or the garnering of said "P"oints, and it still won't matter. Gold, Green, Red, or Black...it doesn't matter...unless one has a certain shyness and aversion to criticism, which are both unnecessary here(I hope...)...

AntiPoints are useless...they turn this intelligent site into a game...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Well, what happen to me is that I got too many green dots (way more than 13), so I just started all over again! lol
    Todo lo que no me mata me hace mas fuerte...

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    I just wanna knowhat the hell is this kinda green,darkgreen dots? What the hell does this represent?
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Hi mom!
    Read before you post, will ya?

Originally posted here by Terr
    Clarification, folks, the "new" dots are not new at all. Only graphic replacements.

The first five dots on a user are each worth about 100 points. After that, to save space, you get a dot every 200 points. Originally the two images were so close to the same shade that nobody noticed, but JP apparently went and made them more distinguishable.

Short answer: Nothing has changed except the shades of green of the dots.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Yeah I agree completely about the Gold dot idea someone should contact AO about it