Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Computers in Movies

A hacker can get into the most sensitive computer in the world before intermission and guess the secret password in two tries.
    Hehe, this is a classic. How come this never works when I try to hack into the NSA's web servers. I just don't understand it .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Originally posted here by [WebCarnage]
    ...hasn't this been posted before...?
    yea it was but I cant find the origional post yet.

Originally posted here by tyger_claw
    Totally, I mean, yeah the whole flatscreens in a circle was kinda cool but realistic? I like what cwk9 sais, winamp plugin!

What I get a kick out of is that all OS's are compatible! Mac, *nix, Dows, Whatever else...

Also about Swordfish, yeah, he cracked the CIA website in 60 seconds (the scene was cool but...)
    It was just the DOD website. I also like how they can type over 1000 words a minute, all on the center row. Or when they get an "ACCESS DENIED" flashingin big letters.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

Thumbs up

Have you noticed anything weird about computers when they appear in movies? Have a look and you will remember seeing most of them in a movie

Have you seen the movies hackers? They should have changed the title to L@/\/\£®'$ instead that movie was lame. Anti-trust was a pretty good movie. Kool thread!

:

I know what you mean. Movies take a lot of "artistic license" with reality. I read this in Reader's Digest one time. I'm quoting from memory.

All bombs will have the detonation time conveniently displayed on an LED counter.
    A scantily clad woman will always go into the basement to investigate a noise.
    It isn't necessary for a German Army officer to actually speak German as long as he speaks with a German accent.

Wish I could remember the rest of them, but you get the idea.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Banned
    hehe some more
    you can connect to the internet with out wires at about 1 gig a sec and download whole databases in 20 seconds

macs the most other computer friendly os well back in the day could connect to aliean computers independence day

all things are connected to a computer so if you want to turn your next door neigbours sprinkler on just hack their computer
    RiOtEr

Originally posted here by [WebCarnage]
    ...hasn't this been posted before...?
    Your not insane, it's been posted before. Well, actually, I am insane, but that doesn't change the fact that squirrels CAN be painted purple.

Ever notice that all that is required to hack is to type really fast? Anything higher than 100 wpm and you can get into the CIA.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Banned
    I like how RiOtEr reminded me about ID4!

That was totally *****ed up! How could a MacOS connect to an Alien OS?!? WTF?

Another thing I found funny was in Universal Soldier: Return, where "Squid" could hack into a goverment complex computer for hours without getting detected, especially when a "Super Computer" was monitoring it's own ports/communications? (Sure, he did kill him later in human form)

Also, remember the movie, The Net, with Sandra Bullock? Wasn't it cool how that virus trashed the files in a GUI way? (As well as all the other stuff those corp guys hacked...)

Re: Computers in Movies

Originally posted here by ii-monk
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    11. People typing away on a computer will turn it off without saving the data.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    you forgot to mention that even tho' the data wasn't saved when someone goes back to that file it is as it was when the person turned the computer off

Of course in the movies a dialup account never drops or dissconnects. Nor do you get a busy signal. Also have you noticed that one can run a laptop and get access to any system without a modem or LAN connection. Even when they use a cell phone they get T-1 speed. I want one of those h4X0r laptops...... They are so 31337......... :-)
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Hmmm,

The computer knows the current location and actions of the criminal on the other side of the city.. but didn't know that some one was lurking to take out its monitors...

funny that.. you destroy the computer by wrecking the monitor.. oh and all the data is lost

yes just one of those ID4 lappies would be nice..lol

Cheers
    [gloworange]the original Und3rtak3r [/gloworange]