Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Are you getting old?

GOD!!! I never thought it would happen but at the age of 27 I feel old as dirt. The second part fits to a tee.

My olderst daughter is 4 and she can turn the computer on, get on the net, find playhousedisney.com from the address bar and shut the computer down when she's done...

It's amazing what she can do and how fast she learns.

Debwalin>> We can talk anytime. I think we're the oldest people that use the site lol..

GOD!!! I never thought it would happen but at the age of 27 I feel old as dirt. The second part fits to a tee.

My olderst daughter is 4 and she can turn the computer on, get on the net, find playhousedisney.com from the address bar and shut the computer down when she's done...

It's amazing what she can do and how fast she learns.

Debwalin>> We can talk anytime. I think we're the oldest people that use the site lol..

Ok I am an old fogie myself at 46+
    all you young pups don't remember typewriters
    adding machines with a crank on it....
    Black and white TVs that used tubes......
    Radios that were as big as a TV
    When a rectifire tube was a 5U4
    Transistors were as big as a processor

Need I say more.......
    Franklin Werren at www.bagpipes.net
    Yes I do play the Bagpipes!

And learning to Play the Bugle

My first computer was a Commodore 64 and I remember when Asteroids first came out. How about those nifty Atari systems, LOL.

ccKid

i can remember green screens on the amstrad and it took hours 2 write a program that would make a circle am i old ?? plz say im not im only 19 ppl *sobbing fellling old *
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Weeeeeeee! Now I know I'm not the oldest person here anyway!

Custy_J...I have a six year old with the same skills as your 4 year old....and I thought he was smart....lol. Guess I'm gonna have to teach him how to build his own computer, or write his own OS to stay ahead of that 4 year old set! It's amazing the level of comfort that they have at such young ages with the technology that is available and still developing!!

Highlander....when I was growing up, my dad had a record player/stereo that was the size of a large dresser....I swear it was twice the size of my coffee table now, and it was as tall as me!

Ahhh, the good old days....actually on that note...I read something the other day, do you know that kids now around my sons age...when they ask their grandparents about the "good old days" they hear about the Vietnam War, Richard Nixon, Kennedy's Assasination, MLK Jr.'s assasination.....Guess the "good old days" aren't so great for today's youth!

Oh well you're only as old as you feel, and as long as I have a little boy to go rollerblading with, ride my bike with, and catch frogs with (eek!) I guess I can't really be all that old!!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by politroyx
    I guess i'm not old. i'm eighteen, ten years ago. The older the better.
    Denile at it's worst.
    Fight the Power!

this is what i remember and what i used...

blowing out candles on my 6th birthday cake watching neil armstrong step on the moon
    playing lunar lander on an ibm mainframe with a keyboard and paper print out (no screen)
    telex machines
    the vietnam war on tv
    black and white tv
    8 tracks
    the first cassette deck
    the first TI calculator with red led numbers
    the first videocamera (separate camera and recording devices)
    record players
    records
    the introduction of the metric system
    the first apple
    the first ibm pc
    disco
    pong
    the first mobile phones

bah..i could go on

but then again my grandmother moved here on horseback driving a herd of cattle, was born before powered flight, the automobile and well...i don't feel old...just ...experienced...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Wow, I always figured the crowd at this site was pretty young but I am surprised at the numbers being posted. I was 10 when Kennedy got shot so yeah, that puts me at 48 and climbing fast. 1st machine was a Radio Shack TRS80, then upgraded to a TRS-4 with the green screen. Don't feel old though. Don't act old either. People are always asking whats wrong with me. Tuff. Up the Republic!!
    Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one and everyone thinks everybody else\'s stinks.

Originally posted here by tyger_claw
    I remember going back and playing on my old Radioshack Pong Machine!

Hell, I remember opening the box to Doom and thinking, 5 Diskettes?!? Woah! I need to free up some room on the drive!

Now I walk around with a Palm in my pocket that's as strong as my old 286! (No color though, yet)

Times change, it's true it's true.....

But most of us in this tread are still young! We're only 18-22, except for our over 35 exceptions, but hey, you guys have witnessed more and probably know how to have a good time better then us!

Besides, like 10101001011 said:

Your only as old as you feel..... and today, I feel like I'm 12! Tomorrow, prob 48
    Hell yeah...being only 25, I can only imagine, but i whined a lot as a child...got that Intellivision(the original grey one, not the sloppy copy of the Atari 2600)(Burgertime, anyone?...or the voice box that they released as a peripheral for the game "Space Spartans", or something like that...fun stuff)...stupid little radial controllers

I still have the first PC game that I ever bought..."Master of Magic"...made by Microprose(7 'hard'=1.44 floppies)(good start for them, eh...Civ2 installs to the 'mps' directory also)...

****...we are the Byte generation, all of us...

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor