Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Antionline's " Project Wargame" help JP members?

Being a paranoid schizophrenic as I am too. I tend to agree with you guys that have their doubts, but dam this could be fun.

I hope everyone knows to use a mach other than one you might have done or plan to do anything ‘shady’ on. Save your shady mach for shady things, use different ‘sploits and try not to display a pattern in the way you do things. It might also help to set up a trial account with an isp to use just for this.
    if you can convince a friend whos not interested in security, to let you use their phone line to connect with, it is all on the up and up, you wont be sorry down the road. if not their are other ways. JP might be for real but the DoD...i don't know about that.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

U know whats funny. . . . it that there are prob. members here at AO who are DoD. Hah. They read everythig we post. . . . sorta scarry. Nah. I have nothinhg to hide.
    "Never give in-never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in to convictions of honor and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy!" - Winston Churchill

RogueSpy

if i were but made of stone like thee
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

lol i thought this wargame and its candidates were meant to be a "secret" hahaha

hmm..

i'm debating on whether to do the war game or not... i don't think that i have enough skill... if i don't join i could always help s0nIc....

despite the fact that I'm still a bit new at this, I do see a reason to go for it. since JP is collecting stats on this, might as well give him some variety. Not too worried about DoD, I think they're just paying for it, but if they are tracking it too, I doubt they will try anyhing "shady".

Good luck to those who chose to join.
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

i had also the PM from JP

nice idee JP
    Bill has the key to the \'blue\' screen
    by tux

k... now it's my turn
    I got a PM too... and I'm paranoid too... VERY PARANOID (I just added an extra proxy to my list yesterday)
    Well I signed up because I believe it's gonna be great!
    oh yea and also what do we have to worry about? when playing a wargame we have to make it "feel real" so we just have to be double paranoid and make sure that if someone wanna trace us they can't.... w00tage! I just hope I can survive being double paranoid, lmao

and why da *BEEP* can I only insert three smilies in my posts??? *insert sad smily here*
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

I figured everyone got a PM 'bout the game. I think it'll be fun, be a good case study. . .people at a security site. . .can they fix0r the wargame's comp. I'm not worried about any profiling, I say go fer it, just let us see the results when they're through.
    If I'm right about everyone getting a PM, the people that're scairt can sign up as another user and use bogus info (set up a free mail acc w/ fake info), and hopefully when you join this site again you'll get the PM, then you just have to worry about yer IP addie.

But I am very curious to know " Why the wargame is sponsored by the US Department of Defense's small business Innovative Research Program [B]I just noticed the .MIL extension and I got a little scared. I have a couple of friends that were in the military for years and they said they never tampered or play with any of the boxes like that.Blunt23
    I have to agree. I too am a little paranoid about the whole thing. US DoD? No thanks. I think I'l just stay clear of the whole thing.

Don't get me wrong, I feel honoured to have been asked, but I prefer not to get involved with wargames. Especially if the US DoD are involved.
    Conf1rm3d_K1ll

My question is will DOD label you as some kind of hacker threat in one of there massive databases? No matter I have exams to write anyways.
    And btw the point conf1m3d_k1ll mentioned is also worth considerating...
    VictorKaum
    I'm a little concerned that JP didn't say why our personal details are needed for this project. Personally, I don't like the idea of giving out my personal information (especially information related to my job) over the web.

JP: Why do you want to know this information if all you want to do is run a war games box?
    SMIRC

I thought of the same thing, SMIRC. It would be really nice to get message back from JP. It sounds like loads of fun but I am still a little wary.
    CCKID

I doubt JP would do anything with the info. I just think he is using this info to decipher between who & who not to choose for the 1st group to play wit the boxez. I trust him. U should do the same. Anyways. . . he provides this "FREE" site for us.Rogue Spy
    Being a paranoid schizophrenic as I am too. I tend to agree with you guys that have their doubts, but dam this could be fun Tedob1.
    I have to dis agree with rougue spy. All I have to say JP if you want anyone playing in these so called "wargames" sounds like you need to start explaining whats going on and give us some details about. I also contacted the DoD

----- Original Message -----
    To: <sbirhelp@brtrc.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 9:36 PM
    Subject: DoD SBIR/STTR Help

Name: Guest

Firm Name: guest

Phone: DON't have one

Email Address: mjlucky200@hotmail.com

I have a question how are you guys involved with antionline.com wargames?
    heres the story Greetings JP, AntiOnline is conducting a wargame study, and would like you to consider
    participating.

You were selected as a candidate because of your high AntiPoints Status, and/or
    your contribution to our security community.

The wargame project is sponsored by the
    US Department of Defense's
    Small Business Innovative Research Program,
    THAT LINK IS FOR THIS
    WEBSITE and the results of the study will be used to develop descriptive
    models of different kinds of attacks.

Participation requires approximately 12 hours of your time over the course
    of several weeks.

You will be required to make several attack attempts against our wargame
    network (which is the most extensive one ever developed for public use) and
    be interviewed afterwards to learn what strategies you used.

THE ANSWER i got I @ 8:00 am this morning:
    We are not involved the antionline.com wargames program! What up JP? I did not know I would get a response like this. Hey sonic I already knew that