Thread: Html & Javascript

Html & Javascript

Are Html & Javascript considered as one of the top programming languages.

Banned

Unless your talking about the internet , no!
    C/C++ is the top programming language for applications/games....

html is not a programming language at all...it is a method of displaying and formatting content...

Programming languages are more like C, C+, C#, Java, VB, ASM, etc...

here's a basic site with info and links for you

http://home.cfl.rr.com/eaa/Languages.htm
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

Yep, and probably within six months C/C++ will be outpaced by Java as the most widely used language.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

HTML.. top language... top... huh
    qbasic rulez
    http://promote.opera.com/small/opera94x15.gif

[gloworange]Sun7dots[/gloworange]

Why's everybody always gotta leave out da perl dawg. . .javascript is semi-programming, more than html, anyways, definately not one of the top though.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    It really depends on what you mean by "top" programming languages. javascript is one of the most widely used languages, because it is on so many websites. As far as actual functionality, it pretty much sucks though. html, like zigar said, is not a programming language. Do you consider using MS word a programming language? If you look at a word doc in a plain text editor, you will see all the formatting codes for tabs, fonts, paragraphs, etc. That is all html is. Maybe it should be htmd, hypertext markup design, instead, because that is more descriptive.

Right now, C++ and Java are the 2 most commonly used programming languages for most things. With the latest Java compilers, the speed has gotten much faster, and like chsh said, it will soon be the #1 programming language in the world. The best part about C++ now is that it inherntly supports C, which is a 2nd genereation language instead of 3rd generation, so it is more powerful. As far as things like operating systems go, C/asm is still the way to go, but other then that, Java is taking over. BTW, Java and javascript are Not the same thing. About the only thing they have in common is the name java.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

I have to disagree with all of you about the most popular programming language at this time, it is a fact that VB is the most popular language and it also has the most programmers worldwide. While it's not a heavyweight when it comes to graphics and such it is still the most widely used language. This is a fact that I have seen in numerous places, trade magazines, websites, hell even dvorak had said it on TV and in his columns.

VB. . .dependencies. . .lots of overhead. . .good one to start w/ though. If we wanna really break it down the best language would have to be Assembly.

I agree d313t3d, VB has never been accused of being efficient or being easy to deploy. But IceyJ32uk asked what the most popular was, and VB is it.