Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My RedHat disc exploded!

My RedHat disc exploded!

I was reading from a Linux Red Hat system, and when the KDE "explorer" loaded... the disc spun really fast and shattered in the drive! I have enclosed a picture of the aftermath.
    Welcome to Hell , where we have served more than all of the fast food chains put together! And the number grows everyday! Stay tuned!

Who knows what happened, but I've heard of Age of Empires 2 exploding and it had 'extensive art' on the top of the CD which most likely had something to do with it shattering. I wonder if it would be possible for someone to write a virus that made your CD drive spin as fast as mechanically possible and causing hardware damage or destroying whatever CD is in the drive, scary stuff.

Speaking about nasty viruses....you could write one that over clocked the moniter settings like the refresh rate and stuff and it will literly catch the moniter on fire.....i did it to a 486..those machines are great to test stuff on.
    I toor\'d YOU!

Banned
    I've heard of a virus that enables the needle/pin on the hardrive to access too quickly, leaving scratch marks all over it....

One time my dad was using his zip drive and it just burst into flames. Apparently the slidding protective cover got stuck and then the internals got fried. Good thing the drive was external. It was still pretty cool. Fwooooooosh!

-KP
    Fight the Power!

Banned
    Wow, That had to suck.... How did you get it out of the drive?

The same happened to me. My worms cd (one of the best games ever made) broke into billions of tiny pieces (with a few not so tiny) inside in my drive. I spent ages trying to get all the little slivers of disk out of the drive but it proved to be a futile attempt. After wrecking two more cd's (they got seriously scratched by the remains) I threw in the towel and just bought a new drive.
    If you don\'t learn the rules nobody can accuse of cheating.

LMAO.......
    - Noia
    With all the subtlety of an artillery barrage / Follow blindly, for the true path is sketchy at best. .:Bring OS X to x86!:.
    Og ingen kan minnast dei linne drag i dronningas andlet den fagre dag Då landet her kvilte i heilag fred og alle hadde kjærleik å elske med.

i had my diablo 2 disk break like that
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

Originally posted here by ac1dsp3ctrum

Wow, That had to suck.... How did you get it out of the drive?
    Simple. Since it was MY disk (grumble), I had to go over and look at it just so I couldn't accuse him of lying. After he proved his point, we proceeded to pull the drive completely apart, and shook all the parts until they didn't rattle anymore. We have yet to see if the drive is still trashed.