Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do all religions lead to God?

all religions lead to one thing

happyness with ones self

thats all they're trying to get, in the end, its everyones reason for living, to be happy, even if a person doesent realize it, basic instinct is to be safe, have food, live, and attempt to be happy.
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

tedob.... there was a religion known as Mysticism. many of the stories and timelines are identical with christianity. mysticism predates christianity by like 100 years. but anyway. the catholic church spawned out of the first christian religion and was the only accepted form of christianity for 100's of years.

also. satanic bible was written by LaVey.
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

People who worship Satan are still Christians, they've just decided to worship whom they see as the antichrist instead of god.

Satan is a purely Christian construct, and as such does not appear in any other religion. So basically, Satanists aren't really their own religion, but rather a cult based on the worship of an Angel within the Christian religion.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Satan is not purely a Christian construct. The name may be but Judaism predates it by several thousand years and has a "Devil" like character, commonly referred to as Lucifer or Aster, and, I also add, Islam has Iblis, who is a "Devil" like character as well.

In addition, several versions of paganism, predating Christianity, have figures of worship, similar to the "Devil" in their lore.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Lightbulb Divination

Okay, here's my question...

I have spent my life in half-belief...the difference, I find, between myself and others is that I actually try to learn and understand many different 'religions' (I find the very word itself insulting to my intelligence). I have been 'exposed', so to speak, to many different ideas of faith...most of them Christian, of course, but some of them not. I have actually taken time to learn and understand the viewpoints of MANY faiths, including the discarded(Ancient Greek) or not(modern Catholocism). The joy for me is discovering the similarities between all of them, even the much misunderstood 'Satanism'. If those who posess a certain faith could be inclined to explore others would in the end be, at best, more faithful in their own perceptions, or, at least, more tolerant of others. You can't lose.
    'Religion', in my opinion, is merely a projection of hope, in one form or another, and there is no harm in any of them. The thing that worries most people is "judgement"...but that is a figment and a creation of the 'faith' that they pursue in itself. CATCH-22, in my opinion.
    From the Christian point of view, which is the one that I have studied the most, I see this as judgement...'learn the most about life that you can, and leave this world having known that you did your best to garner knowledge that would best serve your eternal life'. Correct me if I am misguided preacherman, but I think that's just about it.

As for me...my 'religion' is the search for knowledge and wisdom, and I will NOT deny it from any source. My life will end with me, I think, totally uncommitted to any particular school of thought or faith, but still fully committed to the absorption of knowledge and wisdom from all of them.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Thumbs up

All this reminds me of the story of two
    clergymen from different denomonations
    who were talking.
    "Look, we're in the same business", said the first,
    "why should we quarrel?"

The second clergyman thought for a second
    and smiled, "I suppose you are right", he said,
    "you serve god in your way, and I, in HIS"
    He winked and pointed upward.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

My comments on Satanists were aimed at pre LaVey Satanists:

--------------------------------
    when you say the 'satanic bible' are you referring to the one written by the man who was richard nixons next door neighbor (leVey) the carni guy, thats the only satanic bible i know of.

prior to that, as far as i know, satanists did the black mass thing.....
    --------------------------------

and their were those who called themselves Satanists before lavey. I found it hard to comprehend someone considering laveys crew a valid religion so I went on about pre LA satanists. I still consider the church of satan a cult.

Dictionary of symbols, Carl G. Liungman:

The "Inverted Cross", also known as St. Peter's Cross after the deciple of Jesus who is believed to have been executed by crucifixion on an upside down cross.
    It is interesting to note the fact that this symbol is actually a Christian symbol, and NOT a Satanic symbol. It has, however, been used by a number of Satanists since the Christians decided to declare this symbol a "sacrilege."

The pentagram not only appeared in the temples of ancient egypt, it has also appeared in the symbol systems of the, Sumerians, Babylonians, Celts, Jews, Christians, Hindus, Chinese, Mayans, Aztecs, Gypsies, etc.

During the times of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament), the pentacle was the first and most important of the Seven Seals - an amulet whose seals represented the seven secret names of God. It was inscribed on King Solomon's ring, which is often called Solomon's Seal. Each point of the pentagram was also interpreted as referring to the five books of the Pentateuch - the first five books in the Hebrew Scriptures; the Torah.

it was an attack by the church, on Jacques de Molay and the knights templar,( who had recently returned from Palestine) in an attempt to take their land holdings and acquired wealth from them, that brought baphomet into ill-repute. Up until that time he was a quite little fertility god, named Baal from mendes, egypt. its form was a goat. goats have no mating 'season' and will mate anytime, anyplace. A great little thing for a fertility god, but a real slap in the face for the clergy of the time, so the goat was looked upon as evil.
    the templar were accused of worshiping Baphomet and declared heretics.
    All holding of heretics became the property of the church.

de Molay was offered his life in return for an admission of heresy. He was burned at the stake rather than allow these people to defame the templar.

Baphomet was turned into a symbol of the devil by the church and picked up by the catholic dissidents of the time and used in devil worship.

Eliphas Levi, Haute Magie: (about the Baphomet from his book)

"The goat on the frontispiece carries the sign of the pentagram on the forehead, with one point at the top, a symbol of light..."

But up until the time Levi drew this picture, there was no pentagram associated with Baphomet. It was alister crowley who turned it into an inverted pentagram to add more mystical significance to the tarot.

The inverted penticle w/goats head can be seen on the cover (original printing hard/soft cvr.)of Lavey’s Satanic Bible
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Originally posted here by chsh
    People who worship Satan are still Christians, they've just decided to worship whom they see as the antichrist instead of god.

Satan is a purely Christian construct, and as such does not appear in any other religion. So basically, Satanists aren't really their own religion, but rather a cult based on the worship of an Angel within the Christian religion.
    Hi,
    Just wondering, what is your definition of a Christian? My definition is that a Christian is a person who follows the Lord Jesus Christ.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Originally posted here by preacherman481

Hi KorpDeath,
    Thank you for your frank and honest thoughts. I'm just wondering, what is it that lights your path? Why don't you think there is a God? I can't prove to you there is a God, and I won't try. But why don't you believe? Have you ever given Jesus a chance?
    Love lights my path, friend. Frankly, I don't think Jesus is God. So why would I give him a chance? Keep in mind I'm not a religious person (as in organized religion). I don't preach my beliefs, I say live and let live. As long as what you are doing doesn't hurt anyone, then have at it.

My wife and my children and all my family and friends, they are what's good about the world. In that I find God.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    Forgive me Preach for not responding to this post, I could have backed you on this but, I saw the thread name and knew the answer already.

My heart really breaks for you guys. God exists, regardless of what you say. Jesus Christ was God manifested in human form, to pay the price for our filthy hearts and sinfull nature. My cousin wrote a song about this awefull feeling she gets when unbelivers will not belive. Its called "Let Them See", you can download it here..... www.inhabitedtheband.com .
    I want you guys to know that I am praying that God touches your hearts. And shows you the undying,AGAPE love that is in God through Jesus Christ.

I know you guys don't really want to hear this, but my hands will NOT be covered with the blood of your souls the day I die.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2