Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do all religions lead to God?

DrToker-> the true answer isent one that everone agrees on, but the one that makes you content inside. For you it may be the Christian Philosiphy, for others satanism, but all in all in the end we all answer to the same thing. I dont believe in the existence of any one true thing that everyone can believe... some people jsut cannot relate to the views of th ecatholic church, i know i cannot, and i went to catholic school for majority off my life. Its all in the interperitation. One mans meaning of happiness isent anothers. One mans garbage is another treasure.

remmeber, regardless of what you choose to manifest your beliefs in, we all still end up in the same place, answering to the same person/god/energy/whatever you want to call it... its all just interperitation
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    How true....we all will answer to the same God. However there will be no interperitation. It will be the final judgment. I pray you will be ready.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

final judgement is nothing but a way of attempting to understand in the end.

there is no judgement.

why do you think that the greatest power in the world thinks and reasons like a human.

humans are imperfect. Human thought is imperfect, and is even proven so in the bible, by origonal sin.

why would such a powerfull thing thing like such an imperfect being?

if the god you speak of thinks like we do... and has its own "judgement" on people, its jsut as currupt as us.

nothing should be held higher than anything else. the god should be equil to us in all ways, if it is to be a true god. in the end it iitself answers to the same thing we do.

the answer is the end.

there is the end.
    and new beginning,
    were all restarts,
    even your great god and all his wonderfull judgement.

i see "god" as equil to me, and you. Even he can make mistakes.

Nothing is perfect, if it were we wouldent exist.
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    What an interesting statement Sarin.
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

Originally posted here by SarinMage
    final judgement is nothing but a way of attempting to understand in the end.

there is no judgement.

why do you think that the greatest power in the world thinks and reasons like a human.

humans are imperfect. Human thought is imperfect, and is even proven so in the bible, by origonal sin.

why would such a powerfull thing thing like such an imperfect being?

if the god you speak of thinks like we do... and has its own "judgement" on people, its jsut as currupt as us.

nothing should be held higher than anything else. the god should be equil to us in all ways, if it is to be a true god. in the end it iitself answers to the same thing we do.

the answer is the end.

there is the end.
    and new beginning,
    were all restarts,
    even your great god and all his wonderfull judgement.

i see "god" as equil to me, and you. Even he can make mistakes.

Nothing is perfect, if it were we wouldent exist.
    God must judge to be true to his own nature and to avoid being corrupt as we are. God sees things and they are and judges things as they are. As the book of Isaiah says, his thoughts are higher than our thoughts and his ways are higher than our ways. God doesn't judge as we judge. We judge by the outward appearance-- by how other people look, the clothes they wear, how they can help us, etc. But God judges according to the heart. God knows our thoughts, our motives, and our intentions. Only God's judgement is perfectly justice. We don't have all the facts, but God does. The Bible teaches that there will be a day of judgement, and the only safe place will be for those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ. That's why the question of this thread is so important, "Do all religions lead to God?"
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Originally posted here by preacherman481

God must judge to be true to his own nature and to avoid being corrupt as we are. God sees things and they are and judges things as they are. As the book of Isaiah says, his thoughts are higher than our thoughts and his ways are higher than our ways. God doesn't judge as we judge. We judge by the outward appearance-- by how other people look, the clothes they wear, how they can help us, etc. But God judges according to the heart. God knows our thoughts, our motives, and our intentions. Only God's judgement is perfectly justice. We don't have all the facts, but God does. The Bible teaches that there will be a day of judgement, and the only safe place will be for those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ. That's why the question of this thread is so important, "Do all religions lead to God?"
    A God that requires a nature? One that would have to 'avoid' being corrupt?? I'm going to avoid going down the same path as Sarin, although you guys (toker and preacherman) are making his argument stronger the more you post.

The only person you have to forgive when you are on deathbed is yourself, you may be able to 'live' with mistakes you've made or things you may have doen, but when it comes time can you forgive yourself?

God is omnipotent, therefore I'd bet he'd take offense to people second guessing what his 'motives' are. If he has motives to begin with, all these concepts you use to describe God are really exclusively human traits. Now don't tell me that you think God is human..

Anyway, to get the conversation going a little bit here I'd like to introduce a little thought experiment. Anybody read "God's Debris" by Scott Adams?

Although some of the logic is flawed, obviouolsy, it is a seriously interesting concept. The jist of his "thought experiment" is that since God knows everything; the only thing he could not know is what would happen if he were not here. (Hence the Big Bang) It brings up the possibilty that we are in fact God's debris from him putting an end to himself. It points out that humans have an undying need to communicate. That we are trying to get back to being God. Anyway, any thoughts. Oh, if you haven't got the e-book, I'd recommend it highly. It's a very good read.

Whew, I'm tired of typing now!!
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

This is true. Strictly according to logic there would be the third possibility that there is no God (But I believe there is). But that wasn't my point. My point is that if there is a God (and there is), then it is impossible for all religions all correct. Because they make contradictory claims about God. I am not trying to prove the existence of God which is impossible (And personally, I think that's the way God wants it ). I am starting from the assumption that all the major religions make-- that there is a God. I am not trying to debate with those who say there is no God. I am taking acception with those who say that all religions are equally valid.
    Agnostic as I am I feel just as comfortable with a God as without. At times, I belive in some sort of divinety and if one wants to call it God, then so be it.

I can't see how different religions contradict each other. I'd say that they complete each other in a very nice and tidy way. What you as a christian man belive is a contradiction (a logical AND) I belive is a logical OR because there are certain conditions we do not know about and therefore it is impossible to come to a logical conclusion.

Besides, if there would be only one God, wouldn't it be some sort of ancient good from time when we still lived in caves? One original God upon which all other religions are based.

It's an interesting discussion with no rights or wrongs.

Like your penguin by the way

Cheers,
    Mankan

\"The purpose of abstraction is not to be vague, but to create a new semantic level in which one can be absolutely precise.\"
    - Edsger Dijkstra

Originally posted here by preacherman481
    God must judge to be true to his own nature and to avoid being corrupt as we are. God sees things and they are and judges things as they are. As the book of Isaiah says, his thoughts are higher than our thoughts and his ways are higher than our ways. God doesn't judge as we judge. We judge by the outward appearance-- by how other people look, the clothes they wear, how they can help us, etc. But God judges according to the heart. God knows our thoughts, our motives, and our intentions. Only God's judgement is perfectly justice.
    Ah, so this is why god destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah(sp?)? Because he knew best? Well that's the line an AWFUL lot of humans have used in the past to achieve their goals, many of which have taken a large toll on countless others.

Exactly what motivation did 'God' have for destroying those two cities?
    Well, they didn't worship him for one.
    Two, it proved his power.
    Three, it made people fearful of him.

Sounds like your standard egomaniacal leader to me...

We don't have all the facts, but God does. The Bible teaches that there will be a day of judgement, and the only safe place will be for those who have put their faith in Jesus Christ.
    What makes the bible right? Sure, it's great and fine to say that the bible teaches something, but what makes it right? What makes the teachings of that book correct?

That's why the question of this thread is so important, "Do all religions lead to God?"
    It really depends on what you define as a religion, and this is where the argument begins to fall apart. Personally, I would say no, but then, I think the question is worded entirely inappropriately.
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?

Thumbs up

Exactly what motivation did 'God' have for destroying those two cities?
    Well, they didn't worship him for one.
    Two, it proved his power.
    Three, it made people fearful of him.

Sounds like your standard egomaniacal leader to me...
    ...with one small difference. Since he is the almighty,
    he can get away with it.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Which is all the more reason to be worried, isn't it? :P
    Chris Shepherd
    The Nelson-Shepherd cutoff: The point at which you realise someone is an idiot while trying to help them.
    \"Well as far as the spelling, I speak fluently both your native languages. Do you even can try spell mine ?\" -- Failed Insult
    Is your whole family retarded, or did they just catch it from you?