Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google and Scientology Battle

Google and Scientology Battle

I was wondering what people think about this.

Google removes Scientology Criticism

I, for one, used to rely on google as a reliable information site. I feel that this negates their ability for use as a research tool. And I think that this sets a bad precedent for information on the internet. How long will it be before other groups get this idea. Can any religious group or political group sue a company and get critical sites removed? Will we soon see the Republicans suing to get Democratic sites removed? This opens up a whole new can of worms.

What is everyones take on this?
    Random Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

This has got to be the most stupid **** I have seen in a while. Since when does an opinion of someone elses views of one group violate the rights of another. As long as they don't take action. An opinion is just that. All this POLITICAL CORECTNESS is getting out of hand. What a load of bull ****...................... I am getting so fuc#~%^ing tired of seeing this. If someone has nothing better to do they need to get a life. I suppose the way this is being handled. If I said "I hate everybody in the damned universe", I could be sued by martians an be made to shut. Come on now Google. You're the best search engine out there. Don't cave in to a bunch of neo nazi, anti-semites like the Scientololigists. Oops... Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said a baddie against them in my opinion. So sue me you idiots. As for Google. GET SOME BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stand up angainst censorship. Let all speak their peace. Sorry for the rant gang. But this "political corectness" not to offend anyone is getting out of hand.

Notice: For anyone offended by this post. Well, it's my opinion and you can discuss it with me in a polite way or you can take your "political correctness" and shove it. Or can can just NOT read it thats your right and my right to express my opinion.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Notice: For anyone offended by this post. Well, it's my opinion and you can discuss it with me in a polite way or you can take your "political correctness" and shove it. Or can can just NOT read it thats your right and my right to express my opinion.
    Hehe, the trouble with not reading posts that you don't want to read is that you don't know that you didn't want to read it until you've read it . But yeah, this PC stuff is getting way out of hand IMO.
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I think every one has a right to speak their mind as long as it doesn't hurt national security, and as long as they are not making false statements that damage other's reputations.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

Well I won't go looking for information about scientology at google.com, apart from that I don't think I'll look for any scientology info at all.

Makes you wonder about their motives. I mean to say, what religion can't take a little criticism? scientology for one....
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

>if animals go into fight-or-flight mode when they're scared, and
    >if animals who are not scared don't pay attention to those that are not dangerous to them, and
    >if humans are animals (scientifically speaking),
    >then what does this say about the Church of Scientology?
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

hardly a church at all.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Sounds like someone at google has something against scientology. I’m no scientology fan but I think that google is clearly in the wrong here.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Scientology really isn't much of a religion, considering it was started by a sci-fi writer, L. Ron Hubbard. All of his peers were embarrassed and would not associate with him after the fact. Besides, Organised Religion is now just Big Business in disguise. Look at the current news about the Catholic Church. Don't you love the fact your offerings are paying for lawyers to defend pedophile priests? I know the good things the church(s) and missions do, but when I install a phone jack in the ministers private office with 2 inch shag carpet and leather covered walls, I really have to wonder.....
    Ab Hoc Possum Videre Domum Tuum.

Just West of Beantown, though nobody from Beantown actually calls it "Beantown."
    Originally posted here by Jimbo2112
    Don't you love the fact your offerings are paying for lawyers to defend pedophile priests?
    At least they got rid of tithing...
    Above ground, vertical, and exchanging gasses.
    Now you see me | Now you don't
    "Relax, Bender; It was just a dream. There's no such thing as two." ~ Fry
    sometimes my computer goes down on me