View Poll Results: Would you listen to a reading of the Linux Kernel?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 37.50%
  • No.

5 62.50%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lindows???

Question Lindows???

I just read an article and looked at a website about a new OS called Lindows. Apparantly it is a blend of Windows (Looks like XP) and Linux. Does anyone else out there know anything about this new OS? Apparently the BETA is allready out and the first Release is due sometime in the middle of this year. What does everyone else think? Good or Bad.
    thinking........

I hav not tried this OS out yet, but i almost everybody i've asked have said they didn't like it It is a good idea though. But will it become popular, or go bankrupt from Microsofts future law suits?
    Just My two cents,
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]

Banned
    I dont think its a good idea because Microsoft has already started with Lindows on copyright infringment (the name) I think more lawsuits will follow.... Microsoft doesnt like to feel threatened

yeah I agree with everyone else they will have lot of things to over come
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

tell me about it! microsoft gets any competition.. and bam, look they took our w! or something *sighs*
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

hmm.. as long as they dont take my trade mark "winux" im fyne.. i wont get mad...

Microsoft has the cash to continue sueing Lindows, as hard as it is M$ has good reason to do so, the name/layout etc.
    They should have come with something more original.

System_Overload

Thumbs down

Lindows??? *lol* sounds like **** to me... I will stick with my dual boot. Windows is good for some things, and linux is good for some things....

System_0verload

Well windows has features that Linux lacks, it's just a matter of time.
    Look at SuSE 8.0
    It's not even Linux anymore, just clickety click and you got it up and running.

Lindows already won the first round of lawsuits. this is typical in business, let me tell you. Everybody sues everybody, it's big expensive game they play.

And as far as lindows goes,freom what I've heard I hope it gives M$ a run for it's money. Anything that goes against M$ is okay by me.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson